Chapter Five

(Jason's POV)

Man, she's skilled for a new camper.
I kept blocking her attacks and she blocked mine. She was an equal match for me until she kicked my legs from underneath me and I fell on my back.

She put her foot on my chest and pointed her sword at me, "Stand and deliver, Grace." I smirked and pulled her down with me. She lost her grip on her sword and fell next to me, where I pinned her down and looked down at her.

Rocky looked back up at me and I felt that spark jolt in me. I smiled and she blushed red. I got up and held my hand out at her. She gladly took it and got up. My hand tingled when our hands met. She grinned mischeaviously and pushed me down, grabbing her sword but sheathed it. Smirking at me.

"Giving up easily, Grace?" She giggled and winked, walking out of the arena.

I sat up as she left, staring at her disappearing shadow. I got up and someone else stood there. I looked up and saw Leo.

"Hey Jason, have you seen Rocky? I've been looking for her." Leo asked. I sheathed my sword, "She literally just left, bro." I replied. Leo groaned and sighed, "She's doing it again." I looked at him puzzeled, "Doing what?"

Leo looked at me, "She usually walks around and just sings when she's somewhere new. Imma go find here before she runs into someone that may cause trouble." Leo ran out, calling for Rocky.

I walked out then walked toward the quiet woods. Hopefully she's in here, I thought to myself, I don't want her to get hurt. I ran into the woods, determined to find Roxanne.

(Rocky's POV)

Heh... I guess old habits don't die out quick...
I ran into the woods after my sword match with Jason. I couldn't let everything process in my head.

-My brother, Leonardo Jaden Valdez, was really alive.

-A really cute boy named Jason Grace may actually like me back.

-I may fit in this place called Camp Half Blood.

I kept thinking about number two, Jason... Heh, if he really knew me then he would never talk to me again.

I looked up at the blue sky and sighed. Everywhere I went, I just ran away the next day. Well, except for Mrs. Jackson's apartment. But I ran from the looks, whispers, notes, and just everything. I stopped and leaned against a tree then closed my eyes. I started singing.

Crowded hallways are the loneliest places.
For outcasts and rebels.
Or anyone who just dares to be different.
And you've been trying for so long.
To find out where your place is.
But in their narrow minds.
There's no room for anyone who dares to do something different.
Oh, but listen for a minute.

Trust the one.
Who's been where you are, wishing all it was.
Was sticks and stones.
Those words cut deep, but they don't mean you're all alone.
And you're not invisible.
There's so much more to life than what you're feeling now.
Someday you'll look back on all these days.
And all this pain is gonna be invisible.
Oh, invis---

I jumped as I heard dead branches cracking on the ground and I looked around for the source of the sound. I unsheathed my dagger and looked around some more.

I saw a shadow and then a boy. He had light brown hair, intense brown eyes, red shirt with a black biker's jacket, and black pants with chains. Right off the bat I knew he was a son of Ares.

I backed up a bit, "Hey. Back off." He grinned and looked at me, "What's a beautiful girl like you doing out here?" I rolled my eyes and looked back at him, a glare in my eyes. "I'm a dangerous girl, what else do you expect?"

He laughed and smirked. His laugh was more like a purr. I hated it. I felt my back hit something and I turned around, surrounded by trees. I let him corner me. I turned back to him, my dagger glistening in front of me. Knowing alot of guys my age, I was scared that something was gonna happen.