Chapter Thirty-Six

(Leo's POV)

I kept trying to break the lock. Rocky was starting to panic when she saw Thalia, frozen in ice. The dirt mount rose into the form of a giant. The giant king, Porphyrion, looked down at me, Rocky, and the caged goddess. He grinned evily at Hera, "We meet again, Hera."
Hera glared, she was sunken to her chest, "Porphyrion." She hissed. The Giant King chuckled, "You know, you could've been my wife, since I am the bane of Zeus. But, since you don't want to be... Your power has made me whole again!" He bellowed.
Rocky kept speaking to the cage, weakening it. The Giant noticed and grinned, "Yes... The two children of the great prophecy." He said, looking down at us. I kept working on the door as Porphyrion almost picked us up, but Jason yelled out, "Hey! It's me you gotta deal with! A son of Jupiter!" He challenged, his golden spear out.
He distracted Porphyrion in a fight. I knew Rocky wanted to drop everything and help Jason, but we still had to work on the cage. It was starting to weaken more, Hera was at her shoulders in dirt.
She kept hissing at us, egging us to be faster. Holy Hephaestus, Rocky and Jason were right. She was extremely annoying. Rocky noticed that the cage was nearly broken and that Jason needed help. Coach was nowhere to be seen.
I saw Coach and he was frozen in ice as well. Rocky and I worked faster and finally, the cage broke. We helped Hera out as Jason fell onto the ground. Hera was still weak, and Rocky couldn't wait any longer. She drew her sword and ran behind the Giant King, stabbing him in the back, and rushing to Jason's side.

(Jason's POV)

I saw Porphyrion tense as Rocky came to my side. She looked at me and I saw Hera free, the cage disappearing. The Giant King stumbled but the wound on his back sealed up. He grinned evily at us, "Foolish demigods, you two will be killed, and your blood will awaken Mother Earth!"
Hera stood up, "Not for long. Take cover, my Heroes." She said. I didn't understand her fully and looked, Rocky tried covering my eyes, but she was too late. Hera glowed and my eyes burned. I felt like my body was caught on fire, and I blacked out.

******

(Rocky's POV)

Death shall be unleashed through Hera's rage. I tried covering Jason's eyes, but I was too slow. Once the light faded, Thalia raced to Jason's other side. He was steaming and I was crying. I looked at Hera, "Heal him!" I said, my voice cracking.
I grabbed my canteen of nectar and put some in Jason's mouth, and on his lips. Hera shook her head, "I cannot, Roxanne. Even the gods cannot turn the hands of Death." Thalia started going into a rage mode at Hera. I didn't blame her.
I heard Leo as he came over, his arm around my shoulders, "Rocky..." He started, but he tensed and jumped. I looked at Leo and he pointed at Jason.
Jason groaned and Hera gasped, "Impossible." Thalia and I hugged Jason tight. He sighed, "Too... Tight..." He gasped. We let go, "Sorry." We said at the same time. Hera looked at Jason, "No one has survived the power of the gods." She said.
I gave some ambrosia to Jason, he ate it and stood up, leaning against me. Hera looked at her hands, "I'm free," She looked at us, "Thank you, demigods. I shall go to Mount Olympus and calm my family down. You three are part of the seven. I believe the twins of Hephaestus know what they must do," She explained, looking at us.
"Then when it is built, you will have to bring the seven together. Sail to Greece and Rome, protect the family. And defeat Gaea." Hera said. She disappeared and Thalia hissed, "Annoying as ever." I chuckled, that basically summed up Hera.