Chapter Thirty

(Leo's POV)

My hand sparked while Rocky and Jason took out their swords. Midas held back the boy and Rocky hissed, "Why would you side with Mother Earth?" She asked, nearly hissing every word. Midas chuckled, "She was the only one who would let me free. If I made her weapons gold."
Jason tensed, "Imperial gold." I looked at his sword. Rocky growled and ran to Midas, sword at the ready. Jason paled and yelled, "Rocky, stop! Coach!!!" I felt my heart crack as I saw what was going to happen next.
I ran to Rocky hoping to grab her before it was too late. Of course, I was too late. Midas blocked her attack and touched her shoulder. She froze instantly and turned to gold. I tripped at Midas' feet. He smiled evily and bent down, his fingers trying to touch me.
I tried getting away, but I was too slow. He grabbed me by my ankle, my exposed ankle. I felt my body stiffen and turned to a golden statue.

(Jason's POV)

I bit my lip, trying not to lash out at Midas or his son. If I did, that would give him a chance to grab me and turn me to gold. Midas sat on his throne and looked at his son, "Go destroy the son of Zeus." He commanded.
The boy looked at me and raised his sword. We collided and fought. How did the story go of the Midas Touch? Didn't he realize he turned his daughter to gold... Then put her in... Something to revive her.... What was it?
We kept fighting til I was down. I pushed the boy back to his father. The boy grunted as he fell. "You should help your son up." I said aloud. The boy refused as Midas touched his shoulder. The boy turned to a golden statue. Midas cursed, "Good trick, son of Zeus." He growled then turned to his frozen son, "Don't worry. I'll get you to the river."
Water! That's it! Midas glared daggers at me and drew his sword. We fought and he tried to touch my skin. I pushed him back into his throne. I prayed to my father for help. "You know what you forgot, Midas?"
He growled, "What?" I smiled, "Gold is a great conductor of electricity. Oh, and it's Jupiter to you." I raised my sword and struck the gold floor. It stabbed through the floor like it was butter, then the roof broke. A lightning bolt struck the ground and Midas collapsed, then turned to dust. The wind scattered it around, so he didn't reform.
Did Jupiter hear my plea for help? I heard the doors bang open and Coach Hedge stood there, grass hanging out of his mouth, his bat out, "Where's the old man?" I looked at him with a look of disbelief, "I called for you a half hour ago!!" He shrugged, "The grass was imported from Canada, great stuff."
I sighed and grabbed the golden statue of Rocky, "Grab the statue of Leo and head to the river!" I said, tears were threatening to falling. He nodded and we both went to the river. I was at my knees and dunked Rocky in.
She turned back to normal and breathed fast. She was shaking. I took her out and set her on the ground. Leo freaked out and looked around. I looked at Rocky and held her face in my hands. She looked at me, shivering. I kissed her on the lips, happy that she was safe. I didn't care what Leo or Coach Hedge thought.