Chapter Sixteen

(Leo's POV)

I sat on Festus's neck while I tried fixing his circuit board once more. Rocky was fixing the oil leakage problem as I heard her yelp and something splash. I peered around Festus's neck and laughed hard.

Rocky was covered in oil again. She was sitting in a large puddle of oil, swearing. She tried standing up but she slipped and fell. I saw Jason walk in and see Rocky covered in oil. He snickered and tried not to laugh alot for her to hear.

Rocky glared but smirked as I realized she had an idea. Jason held his hand out to help her up. Don't help her, Jason! I nearly yelled aloud as she took his hand with an innocent look. Jason smiled at her and stood her up.

Huh, maybe she isn't plotting anything. I thought as Rocky pulled Jason down with her in the oil puddle. I heard Festus creak like he was laughing. I laughed too and went back to work on Festus's circuit board where I saw many irreplacable parts. This isn't good at all...

I did what I could to get rid of the rust and fix the irreplacable parts. I wiped the sweat off my forehead with my arm and tried doing more, I didn't want Festus to have any problems at all.

(Rocky's POV)

I laughed at Jason's reaction when I pulled him into the oil with me. Now that was priceless. He glared at me then laughed. I was tempted to pull Leo in as well, but I saw his face when he was working on Festus's circuit board. It was the same expression he wore when something is going wrong or he sees a major problem.

I climbed up on Festus's back while Jason was getting the oil off of himself. I peered over Leo and saw the problem. Many spots of rust were appearing and some badly damaged parts that I knew we couldn't fix, not even Hephaestus himself couldn't fix.

I looked at Leo as he tried fixing it the best that he could. I knew that he knew I was there. It was like we can both sense each other's presence or something.

I was going to speak, but then Festus creaked like something was wrong and his ear leaked again. I sighed as I slid off his back and checked out the leakage problem again.

I did what I could but just like his circuit board, it was impossible to fix. I mumbled under my breath. I want to fix him, make him perfect. After years of moving from place to place, I realized something. There are some things that you can't fix. No matter what you do.