Chapter Fourteen

(Rocky's POV)

Good grief.
That meeting went by fast. I stood there as everyone dispersed, except for Leo and Jason. I scratched my head, "Umm... That was quick." Leo nodded, "Yeah, a little too quick." I looked at Jason then Leo, "Where is this Dragon I heard 'bout?" Leo shrugged, "In the woods somewhere. Only one who could tame it was Beckendorf but ahhh... He died, then the dragon went on a rampage."

"Can't a child of Hephaestus tame it?" I asked. Leo shook his head as Jason listened, "So far, no dice." I thougnt for a moment and I sense Jason tense, "Don't tell me you are gonna go after it, Rocky." I raised my hands up, "Hey! I'm innocent!" I said with a smirk.

Leo looked at me, "Roxanne, don't do it." I raised an eyebrow at Leo, "Since when did we trade places? I'm the one usually tellin' you not to do somethin' stupid." Leo shrugged, "I don't know." I walked out with my plan already forming in my head.

*****

I snuck out the window when everyone was asleep. The moon shined and the stars were out. I tiptoed towards the woods when I heard a twig crack. I turned around with my dagger out then I saw Leo.

"Leonardo Jaden Valdez!" I hissed. "Roxanne Wisteria Valdez!" Leo hissed back. I put my hands on my hips after I sheathed my dagger. "And why are you stoppin' me? It could help the quest!"

Leo glared, "I lost you once, I'm not ready to lose you again to some rogue bronze dragon." I pursed my lips, "Then you're comin' with me." Leo jumped back, "Wait, what?!" I smirked, "You wanna make sure I don't get hurt. So you're comin' with me." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the woods behind me.

"I can't believe you pulled me into your plan." Leo hissed as he facepalmed himself. I let go of his wrist once I smelled a mixture of oil and tobasco sauce. I knew that was the bait and then I saw the trap.

It was a really big net with a bowl of tobasco and oil together. "This isn't going to end well." Leo hissed. I didn't turn around, "Why?" Leo tapped my shoulder and I finally turned around to see the bronze dragon behind us. "Holy Hephaestus."

(Leo's POV)

Wow... He's beautiful... But ahhh... Heh.. nice dragon....

I backed up as the dragon advanced a little bit toward us. I grabbed Rocky's hand and pushed her back. I felt Rocky shake and then the dragon ran toward us, mouth open. Rocky jumped and pulled me away as I saw what was going to happen. "No!" I cried out as the trap sprung and the dragon was in a ginormus net.

Rocky looked at the dragon in awe and so did I. How could such a beautiful creature be such a dangerous thing? I saw Rocky's eyes light up with determination in the moonlight and she climbed the net. I tried stopping her but she kept on climbing, muttering calming words to the dragon.

I climbed up as well as Rocky gracefully landed on it's neck. The Dragon tried moving but it got even more tangled up, "Hey!" I exclaimed to the dragon, "We are here to help you!" The dragon stopped thrashing around to listen to us. I cut the ropes away as Rocky kept speaking to it. That sounds alot more like Charmspeak to me...

I landed next to Rocky as the net fell and the Dragon was free. It didn't move but creaked and squeaked, like it was speaking in it's own language. Rocky listened to it like she understood and opened a hatch on it's neck.

The Dragon creaked nervously as she spoke to it, "Don't worry, I'm goin' to clean out your circuits and maybe you'll feel better? 'Kay?" Rocky said and the Dragon creaked, it sounded like it said, Okay.

When she pulled out the circuits, my heart fell. Everything stank of Tobasco and Oil. I saw several spots of rust and I saw Rocky tense beside me. I could tell she saw the problem too. She sighed quietly and started to get to work. I helped and saw the dragon's red eyes dim as I took out it's main control board.

I cleaned off most of it and Rocky looked at me, "We need to name it." I raised an eyebrow, "Name it?" She nodded, "How 'bout Beckendorf? After his last master?" I shook my head, "Maybe..." I thought for a minute then I smiled, "Festus!"

She tilted her head as she thought then shrugged, "Good for me." We cleaned up what we could of the mixture and replaced the cleaned and repaired main control board.

Festus's eyes lighted and looked at us. He creaked and squeaked, "It sounded like he is sayin' Thank You." Rocky said. I smiled and high fived her. Rocky's hands, arms, shirt, jeans, and face was covered in grease and grime.

Festus let us slide off his back and he gestured with his head to follow him. Rocky looked at me and I shrugged, "Let's follow him."