Chapter Nineteen

(Leo's POV)

   I walked back to the cabin, feeling my body ready for sleep. The only problem was I wasn't ready for the nightmares and visions. I hate having my memories of the shop being my nightmares, especially with Rocky in them.
   I layed down in my bed, which was taken by Beckendorf, the former counselor for Cabin Nine. I heard that he died trying to blow up a cruise ship full of monsters with Percy Jackson.
   So I got a dead person's bed. It fazed me in the beginning, but not really now. Rocky got a new bed that she got to trick our herself. Sometimes I'll even hear her working in her secret hideout, which is connected to mine, and to an emergency escape exit.
   I closed my eyes, hoping no nightmares were going to haunt me tonight, but as usual, no dice.
   I was in the Shop again. My voice didn't work at all, like something stole my voice. I watched as younger Rocky smiled at me as we were tinkering with pieces of metal and tools. Mom was working on an invention on her drafting table.
   Rocky got up and looked at me, "I'll be back." She walked toward the door where the bathroom was and closed the door. Mom kissed my forehead and smiled, "I need to get a part from the back. I'll be right back, mijo." She said. Little did I know that this was the last time I was going to see my mother.
   My nightmare shifted to the Shop again, but this time deserted. I looked around and felt empty. I knew what was missing. Mi familia(my family), mi hermana(my sister) and mi mama(my mom). All of us, together again.
   I felt tears roll down my face again. I couldn't help but imagine the Valdez family together again. I missed Mom. I missed my old life.

(Jason's POV)

   Rocky watched Leo go back to their cabin, her eyes suddenly filled with worry. Something happens at night, I just know it. Rocky looked at me and smiled, trying to hide the worriedness for her brother.
   I wonder how Thalia acted with me. If we had a relationship like Rocky and Leo's. I hoped that soon I would meet my sister again. Find out what happened to me when I was a little boy.
   I watched Rocky sit near the beachline again, just like the day I first kissed her, one of the best days of my life. I sat next to her and looked at the moon above us. She's thinking, I know her.
   I pulled out a penny and held it out to Rocky, "A penny for your thoughts?" I said. Gods, that sounded too cheesy. I mentally facepalmed but Rocky giggled and took the coin.
   "I guess... I guess I'm nervous about the quest. I mean, it's my first quest and I don't want to mess it up, especially trying to rescue a tempermental goddess." She explained.
   I chuckled at what Rocky said about Hera. She can be really moody, and nosy. I took Rocky's hand in my own and smiled at her, "Don't worry, you'll be fine. I swear." She smiled but her eyes were filled with worry again.
   I kissed her forehead and she grinned. I smiled cause I knew I made her smile again. She leaned in and my heart leapt, hoping for another kiss.
   She leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Do you think I could be wooed that easily, Grace?" I chuckled and kissed her cheek, "No, but it was worth a shot." I answered. Rocky laughed and her eyes sparkled with life again.
   I love when her eyes sparkled with all those colors. I smiled and Rocky giggled then teasingly brushed her lips against mine. I pouted with puppy eyes. Rocky layed on the sand and covered her eyes with her hands.
   I gently moved her hands away and kissed her. It was a perfect night. Me kissing the girl I really liked. An imperfect girl who had many flaws. Not a stuck-up girl who thinks she's perfect. I hoped this night wasn't going to end.