Chapter Nine

"What stories was he talking about?" Alpha jackass asks me sternly.

"Does it matter?" I ask.

He huffs and me and lowers his forehead to rest against mine. "It matters to me what stories you've been told about my pack."

I shake my head and pull away from him. "I was just told about how it really is here." I tilt my head backwards and look up at the sky above the trees. "It's getting dark."

"Amelia." He grabs my hand lightly. "I do want you to tell me exactly what stories you've been told of here, but first if we head back and have dinner?" As if on que my stomach started to rumble. "I'll take that as a yes then." He whispers to me. "Mum made dinner for us, if you don't mind eating with Anna and my Mum that is?"

I shake my head and smile up at him. "Sounds great."

Michael's Mum, Clarissa, had made beef stew, freshly made bread, and an assortment of vegetables. It was wonderful! I'm just salivating now thinking of the slow cooked beef in all that gravy, with that night and fluffy bread, even the vegetables fried off with garlic... mmm.

I'm now back up in Michaels room sitting in the bay window seat looking out over the dark pack grounds. Most people are asleep by now, the only ones out side are the warriors patrolling the grounds. 

"Little wolf?" Michaels voice calls out to me.

I drag my eyes away from the window and towards Michael who now stood before me in just a towel that sat loosely on his hips. "Hmm?" My eyes kept going between his well toned mussels and his lilac eyes.

He flashes me a knowing smrik. "We still need to have that talk." He says after a few minutes have passed.

"Can it wait?"

Alpha sexy abs shakes his head. "I need to know what stories you've been told, little wolf."

My eyes finally stay put on his eyes. "I can't think straight with your ugly ass body on show like that." I look away from him and back out the window. 

"Hmm, that's strange." He mutters under his breath. His thumb and index finger grab my chin and forced me to look back at him again, he's now crouched down next to the bay window seat. "Because I'm pretty sure..." He raises his nose into the air before smiling. "Mm-hmm, yup I was right. You're aroused by the mere sight of me, I can smell it on you, little wolf."

"Are you sure you aren't confusing that with the smell of disgust?" I let out a breath. "Just get dressed or I'll never tell you the stories I was told." I threaten, causing the big bad Alpha to walk away in a huff. I return back to staring out the window, my eyes scanning the dark field and tree line.

Less than a minutes later I feel a tap on my shoulder. I slowly turn my head to see Michael now fully dressed, his hands out in front of him as if he were asking this were enough clothes to stop me getting distracted, to which I give him a small nod and return once again to look out the window. My feet are gently being lifted as Michael sits down on the other end of the bay window seat, and drapes my legs sideways across his as our bodies face eachother.

"It was years ago when I met that man and his family." I began. "I'd found myself wandering through the Canadian forests, I was still so young and still trying to master hunting. They took me in, taught me to hunt, and made sure I was well fed."

"You didn't know how to hunt for yourself?" Michael's voice is soft as he asks but I do not reply, instead I continue with my story.

"That night, we gathered around a campfire to keep us warm through the long wintery night. And his wife decided to teach me, along with their own pups the stories of this widely feared pack. Carnage and death follow the men and women of the pack, they slaughter any rouges they come across, even if they hadn't been threatening towards those pack members.

"But all the stories I'd heard, there was one who had their hand in the majority of the rouge killings. The Alpha, the most feared man on the continent. He is said to have his men track down rouges, and then he is the one to kill them. He is the one that took countless lives of the innocent.

"They say that he enjoys the kill, that he gets his joys out of it. The Alpha of the pack is said to hunt down these rouges, guilty or not, just for the pleasure of killing. A murderer I'm told he is, a cold blooded murderer.

"Those weren't the only stories I'd heard of that horrendous pack. I heard about how it wasn't just rouges that were killed by that pack and their alpha. There were stories circulating about how they would kill members of other packs for getting in their way or even for not choosing to side with them. I heard about hunters being slaughtered in their own lands and territories. There was even one story that I heard, that the Alpha of the pack would even stoop so low as to kill humans, innocent and harmless humans.

"Then a year after I heard the stories of that pack, the stories of your pack." I say casting my gaze on Alpha Michael. "I heard that the Alpha had then started offering rewards to wolf packs who turned any and all rouges over to you, so that would could torture and kill them. A long painful death is what is promised to any rouge who is caught. A long painful death at your hands."

Alpha Michael shakes his head, his face filled with guilt. "Amelia, I..." His hands rub the sides of my lower legs. "Am I the one you were running from?"

I shake my head. "I didn't know who you were until you told me your name when you tried to let me go, though after than I wasn't overly eager to be around you."

I watch as he swallow a large gulp. "You have to know, I'd never intentionally hurt you."

"Maybe not, but you have and you kill anyone who is like me. You're a blood thirsty beast."

"Amelia." His voice pleads with me. "Those stories are true about the rouges and hunters. I... My father was Alpha before me, not too long ago, he hunted rouges and even hunted the hunters, he was a cruel man to them. Always told me it was for everyone's safety that we kill them before they have a chance to kill us." He shakes his head and his eyes tear away from mine as he stairs down at his hands on my legs. "But after he... I sent out a request to all other packs to send any rouges here, you see I'm searching for a specific rouge, the one who killed my father." His tone is almost harsh now as he explains to me his reasons.

"Your father?" I ask. "In those woods, when you first came for me, did you think I was that rouge, the one who killed your father?"

His eyes shoot up to mine and they seem to plead with me now. "I check every rouge I can, I watched the rouge kill my father and I did nothing at the time, I was frozen with fear. But I knew the second I smelt you that it couldn't have possibly been you."

"You were so rough with me though?"

His eyes close and he tilts his head forward slightly. "I didn't mean to, you ran from me. You wouldn't listen to me. I was angry and I'm sorry, little wolf." Michael's voice barely above a whisper. "And that story about the humans, that one isn't true. We would never kill an innocent human, I never have. So I have no idea where that one came from."

"I'm sorry about your Dad." I say genuinely after a long few minutes pass.