Chapter Twenty

"Good job today, little wolf." Michael says at the end of our training session. I whooped that boys ass and all I get is a good job? Oh, he'll be sorry, mark my words.

I smile up at him innocently. "Thanks. Are you busy for the rest of the day?" I ask him.

Michael shakes his head. "Just a few meetings, you can come sit in and join if you'd like?" He offers.

"I think I might actually take you up on that." I smile before I realize how sweaty I really am. "Do I have time for a shower though?"

Michael's eyes darken as they travel the length of my body. "If you make it a quick one." He says after having gained control again. "Meet me in my office in twenty minutes."

I lean up towards him, intending originally to give his lips a peck before I detoured at the last second and gave his cheek a kiss instead. "Thanks, I'll see you soon." With that I walk out of the training room and head for Michael's room.

I hear a small growl come from the training room where I had left Michael.

My shower is short, only long enough for a quick clean before I get out and dry myself with a towel. I wrap my hair in another towel as I head to the bedroom to pick out an outfit. Michael is sitting on the bed in black slacks and a grey button down, his usual business attire, his eyes darken when he sees me just with a towel around my body, but he says nothing as he lets me get ready. Once I've picked out a pair of jeans a long-sleeved turtle neck, I head back to the bathroom where I dress quickly and pull my half dry hair into a messy bun. When I walk back to the bedroom, Michael is right where I left him.

"I thought I was meeting you at your office?" I ask with my eyes slightly narrowed on him.

Michael shakes his head, his eyes still darker than usual. "Why didn't you kiss me before?" He asks, he sounds slightly angry.

"Why didn't I kiss you?" I repeat with a laugh. "Come on, we're going to be late."

Michael grabs my hand and pulls me against him, his lips collide with mine and when he pulls away he smiles triumphantly. "That's better. Now lets go." He holds my hand in his as he  guides me to his office where a couple people are already waiting- Branson being one of them.

Michael thinks he's won, but he has another thing coming and I can't wait to see him squirm under the pressure of trying to control himself around other people.

Michael took a seat in his chair behind his desk, and had Branson bring another chair around to Michael's side of the desk for me. I sat right next to Michael, close enough that I could touch him, but I didn't.

The conversation that was going around the room was of the pack duties. The warriors were apparently slacking in their duties and weren't training as effectively as they should. I offered up my opinions when I found the space to give my two cents worth.

"Amelia?" Branson's voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Mmm?" I breathed out as my eyes found his sitting across from me.

He gave me a small smile of amusement, seeming to have noticed I wasn't paying attention. "Do you have any input on the rouge situation?"

My eyes darted to look at Michael as my eyebrows scrunched. "Rouge problem?"

"Not the best way of phrasing it Branson." Michael rolled his eyes, for which I stretched my hand out to flick his knee and raised my eyebrows at him. He tells me off for that all the time, and yet he's just gone and done it! "He's referring to the pack not appreciating having a rouge wandering its grounds."

So I was the rouge that was currently up for discussion. "And so what's your plan? Toss me out, or tell them to go fuck themselves. Because that's about the only two choices you have before you." I look around the room at all the eyes on me, I felt a little out numbered being the only female in the room with four other men.