Chapter Seventeen

When I woke the next morning, I could feel Michael's arms wrapped around me tightly, holding me flush against his body. According to his breathing and heart rate he was still asleep, I didn't have the heart to wake him so I just stayed as still as I could.

My mind went to the memories of last night, of Michael's lips on mine, of the pure errotic moment we had shared. I couldn't feel but feel a blush creeping to the surface as I thought about what might have happened if we hadn't stopped.

I feel Michael's arms tighten around me slightly as his face burrows into the crook of my neck. He takes a deep inhale of my scent before sighing with content. "Good morning, little wolf." He mumbles to me before planting a dozen small kisses at the base of my neck. "Have you been awake for very long?"

"Good morning." I whisper back, my hand flying backwards to get tangled in his growing locks. "Just woke up a few minutes ago." I tell him.

I can feel a certain part of him growing more excited and within a flash he has me rolled over to face him. "I wish I could spend all day in here with you, but sadly I have some pressing work to attend to." He grumbles lightly as he burrows his face back in my neck.

I wrap my arms around his neck and smile as his own scent fills my nose. "It's ok, I'm sure I can find something to amuse myself."

"Amelia." He growls pulling out of our tender embrace. "You will not be drinking again, do I make myself clear?"

I shake my head. "Not what I meant, and besides if I wanted to drink I would and you couldn't do a damn thing about it." I didn't bother to say that I had no desire of ever drinking again.

A loud growl comes from Michael's chest. But without another word he gets up from the bed, and walks into the bathroom. A few minutes later steam is pouring out the open door and I can hear him humming away to a tune I don't recognize.

I can't help but smile at how cute he is.

"Amelia!" Marcy calls out from the other end of the hallway. She and Branson had been talking to each other before she spotted me coming.

Branson who had his back to me as he faced his mate, was now turning around to look at me and his face went bright red as he saw me. His eyes darted down and focused on something on his shoe as he said a quick goodbye to Marcy before racing off down the hall away from me.

"The hell is his problem? Is he on his period?" I ask when I reach Marcy.

Marcy starts laughing. "Girl, he feels so awkward around you now, he think you have the biggest crush on him." She laughs even harder at the thought as she pulls me into her room. "I'm almost ready, just need to put my hair up and get some shoes on, then how about we go for a walk? I'm dyyyinnngg to get outside." She lets go of me and strolls over to her dresser, where she sits down and starts brushing her beautiful and soft looking hair.

"Why the fuck would he think that?" I ask, my mind in complete shock because I've barely said three words to the guy.

Marcy smiles up at me, somewhat sadly, through her mirror. "Wow, when Alpha Michael said you'd forgotten some things, I didn't think he meant the entire night." She pauses as she pulls her hair into a messy bun. "When you went to Alpha Michael's office the night we'd had possibly too much to drink, you were calling Branson sexy and ogling him with big eyes apparently."

"Oh, no." I shake my head. "I didn't... I don't... I ..."

"Girl its fine, trust me I know how damn sexy that beast of mine is. But I also know that you have your own mate who you probably find much more attractive than mine." Seeming happy with her hair she gets up from her stool and walks over to her closet where she produces a pair of black sneakers. "Trust me, I too do appreciate the beauty of other specimens than my own mate, but none of them can ever come close to how mighty fine my Branson is."

I laugh, grateful that she understands.

Marcy and I leave her room and head down stairs and out side to the pack grounds. We head left from the pack house and walk past several groups of warriors doing training exersises.

"Marcy, when we got drunk..." I start out then trail off not knowing quite how to phrase it. "Did Branson get really angry with you?"

An almost hysterical laugh comes from her ruby lips. "Are you kidding, he was livid. He hates it when I drink because I get all open and flirty with basically anything. I even came on to a tree one time, in my defense though I was proper sloshed and looked a lot like Branson at the time." I can't help but start laughing at the though of Marcy flirting with a tree. "By the time he got back to our room and found me, he wasn't in control. His wolf had taken over and made it very clear, more than once, that I was his and only his."

I covered my face with my hands and groaned. "Wow." I say.

"Why do you ask hun, was Alpha Michael pissed with you?" She stops me in my tracks and grabs my arm. "He didn't hurt you did he?"

I shake my head vigorously. "No he didn't, which is what confuses me." I confess to my friend. "I don't remember how he reacted the night of, but the next day he was angry sure but he was also very caring. Though he did force me to do four fucking hours of excruciating training. But then he took care of me and made sure I was well rested after that and..." I trail off, biting my lip at the memory of what happened between Michael and I that evening.

"Oh, what what what! Come on, spill." Marcy slaps my arm playfully.

I shake my head as I feel a blush coming on. "It's nothing really. We just made out for a bit."

Marcy lets out a small laugh, but it wasn't a condescending one it was kind of a sweet one. "So it's true then, you two are taking it slow?" She asks as we continue walking.

I wrinkle my eyebrows at her. "What's true? What do you mean?"

"There's just some gossip going around about the two of you, the fact that he hasn't marked you yet and vise versa, lots of theories..."

"Like what?" I interject, stopping dead in my tracks.

Marcy rolls her eyes. "Honestly hun, it's nothing to worry about. Some pack members just don't believe you're actually mates. I mean you heard what they were saying at that meeting didn't you?"

I shake my head sheepishly, knowing I shouldn't have been listening in the first place. "They still think that?"

"Well it doesn't help that Erika keeps going around telling everyone she's the Alpha's true mate and that he's just not ready to commit right now. But honestly she's just a pathetic slut after a power grab."

I feel a growl emanating from my chest. "Who is this fucking bitch and where can I find her?"