Chapter Ten

I swing my legs off of Alpha Michaels before pulling myself to stand up from the bay window seat. I turn and give him a small smile. "Well good night." I say quietly. We'd sat together, in silence, for almost an hour now so it had to be the early hours of morning by now. 

Michael's hand reaches out and grabs mine. "Where are you going?"

"To bed?" My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "I thought that was implied when I said good night." 

With his legs now draped off the edge of the seat as he faces me, his hand around mine gently guides me to stand between his legs. "But the way you phrased that, makes it sound like you're leaving, to go stay somewhere else." His voice sounds sad as he speaks.

"I'm just going back to my room, that's all I meant by that."

A small growl escapes his chest and his lilac eyes look at me with determination. "This is your room, little wolf. That over there," He uses his free hand to point to the bed I'd shared with him last night. "That is your bed. Everything in this room, is yours. Everything." Michaels hand lets go of mine and instead he lightly holds my hips. "Don't go Amelia." It comes out almost to quiet to hear.

I shake my head, unsure of what he expects of me. "I don't really think that's a good idea Michael."

"Are you scared of me?" He blurts out. "It's just that you said earlier that you hadn't been keen on being around me after you found out who I was. Do I scare you?"

I place my hands on his shoulder to keep me balanced. "I feared your reputation, but no you do not scare me. You're harmless." I give him a playful wink. "But I'm really just tired and want to go to sleep."

"Then why not stay here with me, beds are made for sleeping in." He informs me with a raised eyebrow. "Nothing has to happen between us until you're ready, if that's what you're worried about."

How did he know? Goddess, I hate how he can read me so easily. 

"In fact, I'll tell you what." His hands go from holing my hips to sliding down my elbows until he has a hold on my hands in his. He raises my hands to his lips briefly brushing against them with a soft kiss before he drops our hands slightly so they're in the middle of us. "From now on, nothing happens between us until you make that move. So long as you stay in our room with me, and you stay close to me so I can keep and eye on you. My wolf is  little on edge from all the times you keep trying to leave us." He admits a little sheepishly.

I give him a small nod. "Thank you." It felt good to know now that I wouldn't get random attacks on my face unless I was the one to start it. I hated how vulnerable I was around Michael, I hated that he saw me so vulnerable, but I was also thankful that he was kind to me about it and didn't push me that he understood my vulnerability and respected it. I turn my head to look at his giant bed and a small smile tugs at my lips, it looks so cozy over there with that thick mattress and that large plush blanket. A small yawn escaped my lips and I could feel myself starting to slow blink from the tiredness that was catching up with me.

"Come on then, little wolf, let's get you to bed."

"Amelia, come on, we're going to be late." Mama calls out from the hallway. 

I roll my eyes and huff at her in response. "Just go without me." I scream at her as I pick up a book from my night stand and throw it at the closed door between us.

A growl comes from the hallway. "Amelia Francesca Ivy Shadows, that is no way to speak to your mother!" My father scolds me. I can hear the rage emanating off him from all the way over here, though it terrifies me I couldn't care less.

"Oh bite me!" I scream. I know, I'm sounding like a stuck up little girl. Just because Mama and Papa are having another pup, but it's perfect the way that it is now. Why do they always have to ruin everything? They barely have enough time for me now as is, so when a new stupid smelly baby comes along they'll pay even less attention to me.

Mama's knuckles rasp on the door lightly. "Amelia, sweetie please come out. We'd love to celebrate with you. Wouldn't we Aldrich?"

"Mmm yes of course dear." He mutters to Mama, which I only assume is currently earning him a glare. "I mean - Yes, Amelia. Come celebrate with us, it wouldn't be a celebration if you weren't there pumpkin. I thought you'd be happy that you were getting a sibling?"

I snort my laugh as I gather myself up off my bed and walk over to the door. Opening the door I shoot both my parents a deep glare. "I never said I wanted a sibling." I speak through gritted teeth. "I said, I always wanted someone to be around to spend time with me!"

Mama and Papa share a look between each other before looking back at me. "And that wasn't you asking for a sibling?" Papa asks.

"Uh ew." I scrunch up my nose. "No! That was me saying that I never get to see any of you. Half the time you're off doing your stupid pack business, and leaving me out of everything! Even if you are home, I'm never important enough!" I can feel the tears gushing down my face by now but I ignore them.

I feel both their arms wrap around me. "I'm sorry sweetie, we never meant to make you feel so left out. We'll do our best to include you more in business if you really want, it is your pack too." Mama whispers into my ear. 

"Aubrey!" Papa says in warning tone. "She's too young."

I hear Mama laugh. "Nonsense Aldrich. She's our daughter and she has asked to be more involved to spend more time with us." Despite her laugh before, as she spoke she was returning Papa's warning tone. "So, now will you come out and celebrate with us?"

"I suppose I could spare some time, just for the two of you. Since it means so much to you." I laugh, pulling out of their hug and began skipping down the hall.

The next thing I remember I was standing in Mama and Papa's room. They were sound asleep, Papa was hugging Mama and had his hands on her lower stomach. They both looked so happy and peaceful, which is why my next acts confuse me.

The match dropped from my hand into the trail of gasoline that started inches away from my feet and ran up to their large bed which seemed to be completely soaked in this horrid smelling liquid, gasoline. As the flames came into contact with their skin, I could hear their screams, I could smell their flesh burning. 

I wanted to go help them, I wanted to put out the fire. But I was frozen, stuck in place. Forced to watch my own parents perish in a fire at my own hands.

I could still smell the burning as my eyes shot open to see a familiar pair of lilac ones staring right back at me.

"Little wolf, are you ok? I've been trying to wake you up for the past twenty minutes?" His voice sounded genuinely concerned. 

I gave a small nod. "Just a bad dream."

"You could say that again, you were screaming. You had me so worried." Michael confesses in a small voice. "Well you're awake now, and just in time."

I narrow my eyes on him as I pull myself to sit up on his lusciously comfortable bed. "In time for what?"

"Training."