Chapter Fifteen

I was standing in Mama and Papa's room. They were sound asleep, Papa was hugging Mama and had his hands on her lower stomach. They both looked so happy and peaceful, which is why my next acts confuse me.

The match dropped from my hand into the trail of gasoline that started inches away from my feet and ran up to their large bed which seemed to be completely soaked in this horrid smelling liquid, gasoline. As the flames came into contact with their skin, I could hear their screams, I could smell their flesh burning.

I wanted to go help them, I wanted to put out the fire. But I was frozen, stuck in place. Forced to watch my own parents perish in a fire at my own hands.

Several minutes had passed before feet were heard running through the halls. Fellow pack members were everywhere, racing around in a buzz to save their own. They were fast in reacting, grabbing the emergency hose and fire extinguishers. But once the fire had finally been put out, it was already too late. Mama and Papa's screams had gone out minutes ago, and any wolf could tell that their hearts had given out. 

Finally my feet seemed to unglue from the floor like magic, I ran to Mama and Papa leaping on their bed and tried to shake them back to life. "Please Mama, Papa, come back to me. Please." I pleaded with them, I needed them. "Mama! Papa!" I cried out. Strong hands grabbed me by the shoulders and lifted me of the bed, I started flailing about trying to get free. "Noooo!" I screamed as I watched myself be carried away, further and further, from Mama and Papa.

A minute later I was being gently placed onto my own bed, where Luka my Papa's best friend sat down next to me. "Are you ok Amelia?"

I shake my head as tears cover my face, my breaths broken by audible sobs. "Mama and Papa... they're..."

"Sadly, yes, they are." His hand rubs small circles on my back. "What happened Amelia?"

I think back over the events that lead to this very moment and I sob even harder. "I... they... were... sleep... fire... scared... they-they're... and... fault."

"What was that sweetie?" I shake my head, not wishing to repeat myself. "I already know what happened, I know what you did. I just have to hear you say it Amelia."

I start sobbing even harder, my chest feels like its going to explode. After a few minutes I'm able to compose myself long enough to say what I need to. "I was standing in their room, they were asleep. And then the fire fell out of my hand and onto the ground and now they're dead and its all my fault." I began howling as I bawled harder than I ever had before.

Luka's hand leaves my backs and grasps my shoulder very tightly. "You do understand what must happen now don't you?" I nod. "Amelia Francesca Ivy Shadows, you are here by banished from this pack under the highest act of treason."

A scream overpours my lips as I feel every connection and bond to this pack breaking, as I am being stripped of everything I am and was born to be. I feel each individual pack member leaving my mind.

Luka leans in close to me to whisper this last part to me, so no one else can hear him. "As a favour to your father, my dearest friend, I will give you one chance to run. Run Amelia, spend your life running from me. And if I ever catch up to you, you will be tortured and slaughtered for your crimes against this pack." 

"Amelia, can you hear me love?" Michael's voice calls out to me softly. 

"Hm?" I mumble, trying to find him with my hand, patting the mattress and blankets across the bed.

A small chuckle escapes his chest. "I'm over here." He calls out again.

I give up and have to force my eyes open only to shut them again straight away from the blinding light. "Fucken hell." I mutter under my breath, only causing my head to start pounding as if a hammer being whacked into it every millisecond. I try once more to open my eyes, this time slowly and with my hand shielding me from the light. "Why is it so bright in here?"

"It's just the sun, little wolf, sadly I'm in capable of turning that down sorry." He chuckles quietly. My eyes land on him crouched next to my side of the bed, in front of me. He smiles warmly at me with a mix of concern and amusement. "How are you feeling, little wolf?"

I groan. "Why is my head so sore?"

I feel his warm finger tips graze against my forehead. "How much do you remember from last night, little wolf?" Michael asks softly.

"Last night?" I groan. "What happened last night?"

Michael kisses the top of my head before leaning back against his heels with the biggest grin on his face. "Well, you'd had some quality time with Marcy, and then you'd decided to grace me with your presence in my office." He starts, I shake my head telling him I had no clue what he was talking about, which he then continues his story from there. "You had insisted on seeing me right then and there because you had to and I literally quote you on this 'Can't a girl just come see her mate, just to kiss his silly little face?'"

"Oh no no no." I groan and hide my face in the pillow.

"You spent the whole night calling me 'Alpha douche' and 'Alpha jackass' and a whole series of similar names in fact. You even told me a secret of yours, that I was your..."

I lift my head out of the pillow. "First kiss..." My fingers find their way to my lips instinctively. "Oh nooooo." I bury my head again. "Why did I act so poorly?"

Michael's hands rub up and down my arm, I can tell his face is close to mine by the small breaths hitting my skin. "You were drunk little wolf, Marcy is a bad influence apparently. I'm very unhappy with how you decided to act in my absence. I told you to stay out of trouble, you disobeyed me yet again, little wolf."

"Normally when you call me that, it sounds so sweet, so why does this time almost sound like a threat?" I voice my thoughts going through my pounding head as I turn to look at him to keep a close eye on him.

He gives me three small kisses on my lips before flashing me a wicked grin. "Get up, little wolf, it's time to train."

I shake my head as my eyes widen at the fowl words he just dumped on me. "You can't be serious." He only smiles even more. "I hate you."