Chapter Thirteen

Michael and I were cleaning up from lunch, I was washing while Michael dried and put away. We'd been in a comfortable silence between ourselves as we listened to the radio playing in the background. Handing the last bowl to Michael, I then pull the plug from the sink and dry my hands on a hand towel.

"I have some work I need to be doing." Michael says, hanging up the dish towel after finishing all the dishes and pulls me into a loose hug. 

The kitchen door opens and Branson and a kind looking woman I've never seen before comes in, they both bow their heads at their Alpha before taking a seat in the booth. Branson's arm sits around the woman's shoulders as she leans her head on his shoulder.

"Branson's mate Marcy has kindly offered to keep you company, and out of trouble while I'm working." His index finger and thumb grab my chin and tilts my head up to look at him. "I do mean it, little wolf, stay out of trouble please."

I roll my eyes at him and a small smile tugs at the corner of my lips as I think about how much he hates my eye rolling. "Bite me." I smirk at him.

I low growl comes from deep within Michael, he leans in closer to me so that I can only hear what is about to be whispered in my ear. "Don't tempt me." His voice low and husky like that, made my skin crawl with pleasure. Michael pulled away just enough so that his lips could meet mine in a small but passionate kiss before he pulled away from me entirely. "I'll see  you later on for dinner, you two have fun."

Michael exits from the kitchen with Branson close on his heels, leaving me alone with Marcy. We'll this isn't awkward at all.

Marcy stands up from the booth and walks around the island towards me, for the first time since she's entered the room I get a proper look at her. She's taller than me at around five foot nine, she has blonde curly hair that comes down to an inch or two above her shoulders. She has greens eyes that remind me of the forest and a crooked smile with plump ruby lips. "Amelia, it's very nice to finally meet you."

"Thanks, I think?" I'm a little confused at her statement seeing as no one here really seems to want me around. "Nice to meet you too, Marcy."

A small laugh comes from Marcy's lips. "You're confused at why I'm being nice to you, aren't you?"

"How did you..."

"Alpha Michael had said you overheard the pack meeting, but I hope you know that's not everyone opinion of you. The vast opinion sure, but I don't think that and neither does Branson. And Michael wouldn't have stood up for you, or even kept you here this long if he didn't think you were worth it. I personally trust the decisions of my Alpha, and he trusts you so I do too." She smiles widely at me. Marcy doesn't wait for a response, which I'm grateful since I have no idea how to respond to something like that, before she links her arm with mine before leading me from the room and up the stairs to the second floor where we then find ourselves in a much lighter bedroom than Michael's. The walls were a light grey. A dark wooden frame bed was the darkest thing in the room, gold and dark grey marble bedside tables sat either side of the bed each with a gold table lamp. The mantle above the fire place was scattered with framed pictures of Branson and Marcy, together and separate, also a few of people I'd never seen before who I assumes was their families. On the wall near the fireplace sat a light grey dressing table covering in various beauty products, a small matching velvet stool was tucked under it neatly. Marcy wandered over to the bed, unlinking her arm from mine before she collapsed on it. "So, what would you like to do?"

"Well, what do you do for fun around here?" I ask, my eyes still scanning the elegant beauty of this room.

Marcy's head popped up from where she lay on the bed. "Fun you say? Hmm, the kind of fun I like to have, Branson doesn't approve, and I doubt that Alpha Michael will approve of it either."