Chapter Thirty-three

Michael rubs my back lightly with one hand as he pulls out a pack of Kleenex from his trouser pocket and cleans me up. He applies one last kiss to my mark before pulling me to stand up straight again and helps me back into my panties and dress. Only when I'm fully dressed again does he fasten his own pants again. Michael leans against the table and pulls me to stand between his legs. "Absolutely perfect, my Queen, my mate. And I'm hoping that one day you might be the mother of my pups." He says with a smirk, but his eyes hold doubt as if he's not sure of how I'll react.

"Pups?" I say slowly. "You want us to have pups? Now? Michael, don't you think that this is all a little soon? I mean we just mated last week, sure the sex is incredible. But we're now merging our pack together. Don't you think we have enough on our plates right now?"

Michael peppers my lips with kisses. "Relax love, I said one day not today." He smiles as he wraps his arms around my waist loosely and holds me against him.

"Maybe we should start being more careful, I mean we've been pretty reckless lately. Maybe we should just wrap you up until we are ready."

A small growl comes from Michael's chest. "I think it's a little late for that." He mutters so quietly under his breath that I barely catch it.

I pull out of his arms and raise my eyebrows at him. "I'm sorry what?"

"Amelia." He lets out a sigh as he rakes his hand over his face. "Shit. This is really not how I expected this to go."

"Expected what to go!?" I raise my voice slightly. "Be straight with me Michael." I say sternly.

Michael lets out another sigh as he pulls me to stand closer to him, again. "The night we mated, your scent chanced after that. I thought it was just your scent mixing with mine at first, it took me a few days to realise it wasn't just my scent though. You know that wolves pregnancies are shorter than humans, and Alpha pregnancies are even shorter than that because of their strong genes. That night, our first night together, it had been enough to bless us with this little bean that's growing inside of you."

A hand flies up to my mouth as I shake my head. "Are you saying... am I... No I can't be..."

"Amelia, you're pregnant." Michael says with a wide smile on his face.

"Pregnant..." I trail off as I look deep into Michael's lilac eyes. "I-I can't... believe this. How am I supposed to be a Mum?"

Michael raises one of his hands to cup my face. "Little wolf, my beautiful mate, you're going to be the best Mum that anyone could ever ask for. You're loving and kind. You're compassionate and fair. You're fun and adventurous. You're perfect."

"I'm going to be a Mum?" Michael nods at me. "And you're going to be a Dad?"

"That's kind of the whole idea." He smirks at me.

I pull out of his embrace and slap his arms repeatedly. "Why didn't you tell me sooner!"

A look of guilt covers his face. "Honestly, I had no idea how you'd react. I know your memories of your childhood after your parents deaths weren't happy, I was hoping that you would be happy about this. But I was also worried that you'd freak out and run away again." He pauses and wraps his arms around me so that my arms are pinned at my sides. "I should have told you and I'm sorry."

I'm really going to be a Mum? I never really believe this would happen for me, I never thought I'd get a chance at this life. But here I am, with my mate, happy, and expecting our first pup. Wow. I just... I'm at a loss for words right now.

The next few weeks passed by in a blur as Michael wanted to get everything finished as quick as possible so we'd have time to settle into our new home before our pup arrived.  Branson had brought up all the land between the packs the morning after the meeting and everyone gave a helping hand at moving and building at the new site. Michael had me on light duties due to my pregnancy, which meant a lot of stupid paper work. I had agreed to only walk around pack land with him at my side as I grew bigger. 

It had taken a while for it to fully sink in that the bastard had gotten me knocked up on the first go. I hadn't even thought it was possible to do when I had no experience at all. I hadn't become noticeable till week three which is when my stomach really popped out, and that was about the time the nausea and cravings hit me too. At week four I was an emotional wreak at was crying at everything, Michael would literally have to carry me everywhere with him after I broke down that he was having a shower without me, though I don't think he overly minded having company in the shower. Our sex life has been as busy as when we first mated, it's probably the hormones the baby is providing me with that's making me want to jump Michael's bones every two minutes. 

It was a month and a half into my pregnancy when we were finally moving into the new pack house. Michael had set up our pups room right next door to ours, and he had surprised me with already having decorated it- it was perfect and made me cry. Michael had then told me that he'd gotten our bedroom sound proofed, and we immediately got busy at testing it.

Three months, our pack was united as one and several houses had been built around the pack house for the pack members, most had decided to keep their old homes as summer homes. We were all celebrating all the work finally and officially being done when my water broke, a month early. Though seeing as every member had finished their medical training I was in good hands, that didn't stop Michael freaking out about how early our pup was.

11.54pm April 17th, Ariel Elizabeth Shadow-Night was born, she was a beautiful wee thing. She was very small, being four weeks premature, but other than that she was perfectly healthy and proved it to us with her full lung capacity of cries and screams. She was perfect, even when she kept us up at all hours of the night, even when she got sick, even when she threw tantrums. Perfection in such a small package. Michael adores her, thinks the world of her and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he were to spoil her rotten. Considering he already spoils me every day with his love, he is definitely the type to spoil his own princess.

There was a time before I had met Michael, a time when I had thought I was a vile creature waiting for my death sentence. A time when I thought I wasn't worthy of a pack, or a mate, or of love. Michael have proved me wrong every day since I have met him, sure we had a complicated beginning, but all the pieces fell into place and I couldn't think of a better life to have than my one with Michael.

I can't wait to see what the next few years of our lives bring us. I can't wait to see the adventures we have. And I can't wait to expand our family. But most importantly, I can't wait to get a good nights sleep again- though with our sex life I don't know if I'll ever sleep a full eight hours again.

--Fin ---