Chapter Twenty-one

"You've been very naughty today, how do you suggest we rectify this situation?"

A loud knock comes to the office door before I get a chance to reply.

Michael let's out a low growl as he burrows his face in my neck in irritation. "Go away." He commands.

"Alpha." Branson speaks through the door.

Michael pulls away slightly, enough so that I can see his eyes glazing over telling me he's likely mindlinking Branson. Michael let's out an agitated sigh and pulls away from me entirely. "Enter." His eyes are filled with sorrow as he continues to look at me. "This is urgent little wolf." He tells me sadly. "But we will pick up this discussion again later, meet me back at our room?"

I give a small nod as I walk past Branson who is now standing, just, inside the office. As I pass him, I notice he's holding a Manila folder very tightly in his hands.

I walked back down the hall to Michael's bedroom. I let out a sigh as  I realized now would be the best opportunity I could possibly get to leave. I hated the thought of leaving Michael behind. But I have no other choice, if I get caught within pack grounds then Michael will be slaughtered and I can't stand for that. I can't allow him to get hurt because of me, and I certainly can't allow this pack to be punished for my own mistakes.

I packed a backpack quickly with only the essential clothes before I snuck down stairs and made a run for the forest I had first entered this pack from. I hear snickers from other pack members as they turn their heads to watch me flea, I hear their laughs and their theories of why I'm leaving with such haste. None of them even come close to the truth.

I wanted to stay, I never wanted anything more in my life than to stay here with my mate, my Michael. But I couldn't risk everyone's lives just so I could be selfish. I will never be selfish enough to take what I want and not care of the repercussions. Oh how I wish I could stay trapped inside his lilac eyes forever.

I finally made it into the forest, not even bothering to slow down but instead I picked up my pace. I couldn't be found anywhere near here. I would call forward my wolf, but I was actually enjoying using my human legs to run for a change. I was so focused on the path before me that I barely heard the twigs snapping behind me.

"Amelia!" He growled fiercely. 

I came skidding to a halt and spun to see Alpha Michael standing five meters away with a determined look on his face, well that and a bit of anger was mixed in there. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I screamed at him. I twisted my head around to check the forest behind me. "Go back to your pack Michael, go the fuck back and fucking stay there!"

"Come here!" He growled out through gritted teeth.

I shook my head at him. "You have to leave! Go back, Michael."

Michael stormed over to me and grabbed my face between his hands with such intensity I feel like if I were human this would really hurt. "You're not leaving me Amelia." No more little wolf, he only called me by my name if he was being fully serious. I couldn't help but miss his little nickname for me, I found myself yearning to hear those words on his lips.

I shook my head at my own thoughts before pushing against his chest. "Michael, go!" I pushed his chest harder, this time causing him to stumble back slightly. "You have to let me go." I say softly to him, I knew this was hurting him as much as it pained me.

Michael was silent and made no more attempts to make me stay. Though he also made no moves to take himself back. He stood frozen in place, staring at me. I could see from his eyes that this was breaking his heart, I've tried to leave him so many time and now he's scared that I will actually really leave this time. I can tell that Michael know, if I leave then I'll never come back, he's too smart to think otherwise.

I give him a small sad smile before I turn on my heel and continue on the path I set out on. 

"Amelia Francesca Ivy Shadows!" He yells to me, causing me to freeze up entirely.

I'm stuck for a long minute, facing away from him. I can feel my chest tightening with fear. I slowly and cautiously turn around to see Michael just where I'd left him. "What did you..." I break off, hoping I'd misheard him. "What did you just call me."