Memories

Madison POV

I quit Wednesday, I called Harry and quit my job, to say he was upset was an understatement...

Flashback

"I need to speak with Mr. Styles." I say to Tara through the phone, me and her got along okay. We weren't best friends, but we didn't hate each other. "Okay Madison hold on one second. This stupid phone. I'm requesting a new one immediately. Here you go." she says as the line rings.

"Mr. Styles speaking." I hear Harry's deep voice sound through the speaker. "Hello Harry." I say as I hear shuffling. "Madison! I didn't think if ever hear from you! Where have you been?" He asks as I sigh.

"This will be the last you hear from me. I quit. And I've been at my house, goodb-."

"Hold on. You're quitting? You can't quit! Where are you going to get a job?" He asks as I laugh. "I am quitting. I can. And, I've already found a new one. Goodbye."

End of Flashback

That was the last I'd heard from Harry and vice versa. But, Louis tried to call me, and I'd never answer. I'm still mad at him, the only reason I spoke to Harry was to quit my job.

Today is Friday, and Liam is at work. He moved all of his stuff over here yesterday. He said that he had a very important meeting with a corporate partner or something today, but that was none of my concern.

But, today is...

Friday.

The day where one hour belonged to him. Where I belonged to him within that hour. That was our agreement. The 8:00-9:00. It was the thing that I once dreaded. And now, it's empty.

Liam won't be back till 10:00 or 10:30 at night, but I don't mind. Sometimes I need to be alone. I need the space to breath. It's 5:00 in the evening right now and I'm sitting here on the couch inhaling Chinese takeout.

This is my life.

"Madi. It's my time." I hear that voice and my body freezes.

"Z-Zayn?" I ask as stand up turning around to look at him. His stature strong and powerful. "Madi." he says with a smile opening his arms. I run towards him holding him in my arms, his grip tight.

"I've missed you." I say as he smiles down at me. "I'd never leave you for long." he tells me grabbing my hand walking me towards his room. "It's empty." I say as he pushes the door open, the room void, like before.

He closes the door behind us pinning me to it, pressing his lips to mine, the kiss hot and demanding. Wanting. "Madison!"

I break away from Zayn looking at him with a confused look. "What?"

"Madison!" His voice changing, morphing into something it's not.

"MADISON!"

I shoot up sweat covering my forehead, I look over to see Liam, his grip on my shoulders holding me up is firm. "Are you okay Madison?" He asks as I look around, my head spinning.

"What happened?" I ask as he looks down at me worried. "I walked in the door, and your breath was heavy and labored, I was worried something was wrong. Did you have a bad dream?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah. It was bad, but I'm okay now." I say wrapping my arms around his neck bringing him down to me bringing my face into his neck. "What time is it?" I ask as he looks at his watch.

"7:30. Why?" He asks as I shake my head. "I was just wandering how long I'd been asleep." I say as he nods. "I'm going to go get some drinks with the guys, and I was wondering if you would have liked to go." he says as I shake my head again.

"No, I'm tired. You go and have a good time, but don't get hammered." I tell him as he walks out the door with his jacket and phone in hand.

I sigh sitting down on the couch placing my head in my hands. I have to stop. I do. He's not coming back. He's not.

I look at the clock as it gets closer to 8 o'clock. My heart getting heavier and heavier. Knowing that he isn't going to be here, but having so much hope that he shows up.

I stand up and walk to the vacant room where Zayn used to be. The door creaks loudly through the quiet house. I walk in the room dark and void of life. I walk to the bed sitting down and staring at the wall. The clock showed it was 8:00 and this was his hour. And, it will be.

Flashback

"Are we walking?" I say as he opens the door. He shakes his head, "No babe, we're riding. Put this on." it was a leather jacket, "Leather?" My voice raising a few octaves.

"Time to see my world, Madi."

We walk around the apartment to see a motorcycle propped up. "This is yours?" I ask looking up at him. "Yes, now Miss. Summers, your chariot awaits."

End of Flashback

I smile at the memory the simple beauty of it all. He could make the most simplest things a work of art, a moment so perfect for so many reasons.

But, I'm stupid. I was stupid to ever think that Zayn and I could have something, anything.

But, I have Liam now, and I don't need what I thought I wanted. I have someone who cares, and loves me.

I look at the floor the carpet soft and plush under my feet. I lay down looking at the ceiling as I notice the bed tilted slightly. I get off the bed pushing the mattress up and see multiple books underneath.

I reach and grab them, sitting them on the night table. I put the mattress back down and walk out of the room the few books in hand. I walk to my room sitting in the middle of my bed. I flip on the lamp and open the first book, the cover was black, and had a silver Z on the corner.

I flip through the book, page by page I was mesmerized. Every drawing was of me. Me asleep, me in the damn towel, me in the dress Zayn bought me, me and him on the motorcycle, me dancing with him. It was memories we shared.

I thought he didn't care. I thought he wanted nothing to do with me. And, if he left them here then he doesn't.

But, the next book, tells a different story...

"Holy Shit."