In The Dark

Hey guys! How are you? I go back to school tomorrow, so I thought I'd publish this chapter now so you don't have to wait! Hope you love the chapter!

Much Love, k_koontz

•••~~~•••~~~•••~~~•••

Madison POV

"Saturday? You can't go see him Madison! You can't!" Austin said from behind me. I jumped a little and turned my head. "I have to. If I don't he'll hurt you. He'll come after me, and he's been watching me so now he probably knows about Liam, and I can't let him get hurt he did nothing. So, I'm going, and nothing you can say or do will change my mind." I tell him, trying to reassure myself.

Austin nods walking down the hallway grabbing the house phone on his way, I knew what he was doing he was going to call Derek and cry, all because of that maniac, Z. I wish I knew his name, just so I could scream it out, tell the police, and do something anything.

I sat, frozen, there was nothing I could do now, nothing to stop him. The only thing on my mind is his eyes. The way they're shaped. I could never determine the color though, because it was always so dark and gloomy. Muggy is the word, the air was thick, my mind foggy. Every memory laced with those eyes. The hard stare, the way his lips moved into that devious smirk, the one where you can't determine what would happen next.

And Saturday, I would be face to face with my- what would you even call him? Kidnapper? Abductor? Maniac? But, I would be face to face with him. I would see those eyes, and that smirk. Hear his voice and the words he spoke that had an edge, or were soft. But, I never did see emotion in his eyes. Ever.

I stood on shaky legs walking towards the window, I look out. I don't see anyone, I don't see those emotionless eyes. I close the curtains quickly, locking all the windows, the doors anything I could. He wasn't getting in this time, because now it's me and Austin. I'm not alone. I can't let him get hurt because of me. Why do I blame myself though? It's not my fault, I never asked for this.

I heard a faint sob coming from the wall. I knew who's it was, it was Austin's. I couldn't make my legs move down to the hallway where Austin's room is. I shuffled down the hallway, past Austin's room and into my own room. I sat in the middle of the bed, taking deep breaths. This can't be happening. And worse of all, why bring Austin into this mess? He did nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing.

I look at the wall, frozen, my life was fine till he showed up, till he took me away, and left me with this tattoo.

Flashback

I stood in the shower the hot water running over my body, but no relief, my muscles were tense. My mind was scrambled. I was stiff, not moving from this one spot. That 'Z' burning in my mind, just like his eyes, and his smirk. They were permanently carved into my mind. It had been a month since I got the tattoo, but the memories were all too fresh.

I grabbed the washcloth I had, putting body wash on it. The smell of strawberries fill my head. I scrub my shoulder, knowing it was no use, but I'm not giving up. Not giving into him. I shouldn't have to. I don't belong to him, I don't belong to anyone. And I never will.

I scrub and I scrub, not feeling any better, the sick feeling taking over me. The pit in the bottom of my stomach sinking lower and lower. I can't breathe, I can't think straight. My mind wandering on all the things that went wrong, where I went wrong. Damn window. Damn neighbor. Damn me.

I can't do nothing now, no matter how hard I could try. Nobody even knew I was gone, the police wouldn't care. I didn't know where I was, or who he was. I didn't know anything. People would think I walked into a tattoo shop drunk, and got this damn capital cursive Z on my shoulder blade. But, that wasn't the case.