Awkward

Madison POV

"I pick...."

BANG! The loud noise rips through the room silencing me. I turn my head, lights blinding me. "This is the police wveryone get down!" The voice rings through the air, and I hear Zayn laugh as Austin and Derek are cuffed. "Good job there Irish princess." Zayn says with a laugh as I look over at Niall. I smile with relief as Liam thanks god that he's not dead.

Niall walks over to the bars unlocking them and helping me untie Zayn and Liam. "Thank you Niall, I don't think I would have made it without you." Zayn says as I frown. I take my hand pushing his shoulder muddering a small 'asshole' a laugh rips through Zayn. "Thanks you guys, Madison are you ready to go home?" Liam asks as I frown and nod. "Yeah, just wait for me up the stairs would you?" I ask as he nods with a smile. I watch as he walks up the stairs light flooding in from the door and quickly fading.

I look to Zayn as Niall goes and sits on Austin and Derek to keep them from going anywhere. "The real police will be here any minute, so stick around for some questions, okay Madison?" Niall asks as I nod and he takes the edge of his shoe flicking Austin's nose. I laugh and so does Zayn and I look back up at him, tension filling the air and laying like a thick blanket. I stretch on my tiptoes to where my lips are next to his ear.

"It would have been you." I whisper pressing a kiss to his jaw and walking away.

"Madi?" He asks as I turn around, looking at him in curiosity. "Why me?" he asks as I turn my head away from him. "Why not?" I ask as he grabs my hand pulling me around to face him. "You shouldn't love a guy like me. I'm not good for you. I can't be your savior, or that knight in shining armour."

"Neither can Liam, and last time I checked, it was you who freed me from the chair." I tell him as he holds my waist. "Madi, don't love me. I don't love you." those words froze me, he lied to me. Right now, right to my face. I smile at him and he looks confused.

"Your letters, and very graphic pictures tell a totally different story might I say." I tell him and his face beats red. He smiles nodding his head, "Oh fuck it." He presses his lips to mine, his lips soft and the kiss hot and full of want, need. It had been so long, and this was something he needed, something I need. "Madison we need to-" I pull back looking over at Liam as he nods his head slowly, and looks down at the ground.

"Liam, I can ex-"

"Madison. It's okay. I thought you liked Zayn all along, I've seen it more than once, and I knew he like you back. Don't worry about it. I'll move out, and you can be with Zayn. And, you still have a job with me, if you still want it." Liam says and I walk towards him pulling him into a hug. "I didn't mean to hurt you, I really did fall for you, but I fell for him first. I'm sorry. And, don't worry about the job, I'll find a new one, goodbye Liam." I say as he nods solemly walking up the stairs, and then he was gone.

"So, where are you going to work now?" Zayn asks as I turn around and shrug. "Well, we could always have you answer calls at the shop, and make oppointments. I think you're really good at that." Zayn says as I nod, "You would know, wouldn't you?" I ask as he nods with that damn grin. "Yes, yes I would." He tells me and pulls me into him.

"How did you find my books?" He asks as I lay my head on his chest. "It was Friday, and I know that at 8:00-9:00 it's your time. So, I went and sat on your bed in your room, and when I laid down the bed was tilted so being the curious person I am, I looked under the bed and there they were. So, I went through them, and you know the rest." I say as he nods wrapping his arms around me as the police flood in.

We tell them our half of the story, as Niall tells him what happened to him, and let me tell you it was quite funny.

According to Niall after he yelled for Zayn to 'Watch out!' he fought the masked men, they thought they had Niall, but no. He punched and kicked, he was a real life ninja in action. He grabbed Zayn using his limp body as a shield so that Niall could get to the closest bystander to call for help, but the men grabbed him throwing him up against the wall, the men hurting him so bad, he was close to death, but he lived.

That's not what really happened. What happened was after Niall screamed at Zayn, he ran away so he didn't get taken also. We found this out when we watched the security cameras from the tattoo shop. But, we let Niall believe he was a strong and powerful hero, that's what friends are for.

As, for Liam he found the love of his life and got married. Austin and Derek are now in prison for kidnapping, and personal charges. Harry and Louis got engaged just last week, and let me tell you, Louis is still walking funny. I commented on that, and be told me that he fell on the banister of the stairs, liar. That's exactly what Harry called him, a liar.

As for Zayn and I......well, that's a totally different story.