Z

This chapter is dedicated to midnightxhxrry for letting me have this idea. Enjoy!

~~~°°°~~~°°°~~~°°°~~~

Madison POV

All I see is dark. It surrounds me. Suffocates me. Controls me. But, it's the darkness that protects me right now, because when the light comes on, that means he's here. Watching me, hovering over me.

My hands are bound behind my back with handcuffs. The metal dug into my skin the more I struggled, I had pulled them to the point where they cut through my skin, blood running down my hands, over my fingertips, so I gave up the fight for now. What good is a hand half cut through? The answer is, none.

My legs weren't bound though. So, I could sit up, but that did nothing for me.

I never seen his face, only his eyes, dark and dangerous, destructive. He hasn't said a word. Hasn't shown any emotion, just blank. But, he sits outside the door watching me. I felt like I was in Hell, but what had I done to deserve to go to Hell? I guess I'll never know.

I faintly hear a door click, I swallow hard, I know he's home. I hear footsteps getting louder and louder, the closer he got. I knew it was a he by the way his eyes were shaped, small, and narrow. The latch on the small rectangular window on the door snapped. He pushed the small plate of metal over looking at me. His eyes burning holes into me. That's all he did. Watch me.

I haven't eaten in a while, I can't even tell you the last time, or thing I ate. I stopped crying days ago. There was no use, he didn't care, and he won't. If he's never shown a shred of emotion, why would he start now? I looked into his eyes, they looked empty, void. He stood, I guess he was done starring for at least a little while.

I heard the doorknob twist, I sit up straight watching the door swing open. My jaw drops, and I gasp. What does he want? "What do you want?" I ask my voice small, and cracking a bit since it had been days since I've had a drink of anything. "Sh. It's okay. You don't need to worry." He said setting a plate of food in front of me. His voice was deep, husky. Had this not been the situation, I'd probably think it was hot.

He stood up straight, his posture perfect. The way he held himself was utterly extraordinary. I'd never seen someone look so confident and so sure of themselves. He turned without another word. "Hey? What are you going to do to me?" I ask, my voice shaking. I was scared, and there was no denying it, at all. He turned around with a smirk on his face, it was menacing. "We will get to that soon." And with that he left without another word. I took a deep breath.

Tears welling up in my eyes as I try to calm myself down. But, it isn't working. What did he mean 'we will get to that soon'? Does he plan on informing me before hand? Because that would suck ass. I don't want to know what will happen to me.

I'd rather be left in the dark, like I am now. The light had been turned off, and the atmosphere cold and scary. Like when you're a kid and you're afraid a monster will come out of your closet. But, this was real, this was really happening to me.

And, I remember him taking me. I do.

Flashback

I took my keys out of my purse unlocking my front door, the November wind cutting like a cool knife. My teeth chattered as I twisted he frozen knob to my apartment. I open the door, and the house is just as cold. My confusion was at an all-time high. I walk through the living room looking at the thermostat. 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Why is the house so cold?

I head into the kitchen flipping the light switch on the wall, the windows open? I go to the window sticking my head out looking left and right. "Oh, there you are Mr. Fredrickson." I say. Yeah, I named my cat after the old man from UP, so what? The cat's old, and I love him. I grab him bringing him in from the cold. "Did Amber come over and let you out? Did she open the window?" I ask him in a baby voice. Amber is my neighbor who comes over and lets Mr. Fredrickson out to walk around so he's not always in the house. I guess she left the window open, I'll just have to ask her tomorrow.

I have no friends.

I turn around and walk back to the living room. Work was a living nightmare today, and I don't want to go back. I sit on the couch, flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch. I end up on Lifetime, watching some movie about endless love of two people who work in an office together. Those cheesy movies are okay, I like the love part, but the words are a bit unrealistic to me. I doze off when the end credits start.

I feel cold my arms are warm, but, my legs are freezing. I open my eyes, I'm being carried in the arms someone. I look up at a face with a ski mask. "Who the Hell are you!?" I scream thrashing around in his arms. I slip out falling to the ground. I scramble backwards until my back hits something, I look back, my apartment. He says nothing walking up to me slowly with something in his hand, he's going to stab me I know it.

He closes in on me I look from left to right, no one in sight. There is nowhere to go. He's standing in front of me. I look up at him silently pleading him to leave me alone. He grabs the front of my shirt pulling me up to him. He puts his hand over my mouth. My mind turning fuzzy, dizzy. I blink a few times, then my eyes close.

End of Flashback

I look down at the food on the plate he gave me. A sandwich, chips, and a glass of water. I didn't think a sandwich could taste so good, but any food right now would make me happy. I take a drink of water and somewhat feel alive, and more like a person now. But, I still feel dead on the inside. Being locked up this long can't be healthy for anyone.

I finish the food and can't think of anything to do. Earlier I counted to 100 over and over. When I reached 100 I would take the small rock I found and make a tally on the wall. I have 40 tallies. That's when he came back. Sometimes he's longer. Sometimes I hum a tune to keep myself from crying.

I lay down on the cold mattress, it had no sheets, but one blanket. But when your hands are behind your back, it's quite the challenge to pull it over yourself. Trust me. I close my eyes, and all I can see is his. His eyes haunt me, and they always will. He hadn't spoken a word to me till today, and now I wish he didn't, because now that can haunt me also.

Sleep slowly came over me, and I've never been happier in my life.

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

I slowly open my eyes, and when I do I shoot up, sitting straight up. There he is right in front of me. "Good you're up." He says as he grabs one of my upper arms. He leans his head down towards mine. *Click* I hear metal being bunched together. He pulls away grabbing my other arm he pulls me off the bed. My legs wobble, if he wasn't holding me up right now I would already fell to the ground. "Thank you. I didn't want to fall." I say. He looks down at me. "You're welcome Madison." He says to me with that damn smirk. How does he know my name?

"How do you know my name? And, who are you?" I ask my voice a bit stern, maybe he'll tell me now. "Don't worry about the first one, and I don't have to tell you a damn thing." He spat at me, his voice angry. Two can play the angry card, and let me tell you women do it way better. He gets behind me, and I twit my head to look at him. He looks straight forward pushing me, making me move me feet.

I walk up some stairs. I was in a freaking basement! Are you kidding me!? It's November!

I walk down a narrow hallway when he pulls me back signaling me to stop walking. He turns me left, and we go into a dark room. He flips the light, making me wince and blink a few times. He pushes me down on a table face down. I feel something tighten round my lower back, then my legs, where my elbows are behind my back, and finally around my neck.

I hear a buzzing noise, sort of like a bee. And it stung like a thousand bees. I scream for him to stop, I beg for him to just let me go. I struggle to try and escape, but it's no use. What is he doing? The pain was searing, like getting burned on the stove. My shoulder blade in agony. The pain increasing every second. Then the buzzing sound stopped. The pain in my shoulder blade throbbing.

"What the hell did you just do to me!?"

"Looks like you belong to me now."