i.21

In love with Stefan and then things change

---------------

Anya's pov

We all have those days and times when we want to hugged or left alone. And we trust one person and pour out all our bottled feelings and emotions. And well that person for me was Stefan Salvatore.

My best friend, the ripper who I met sometimes in the 90s when I was human and was friends with Lexi. I met Stefan after his ripper stage, when Lexi brought home a vampire friend a summer night. We hit off as soon as we met. We would talk a lot and spend time together at bars. Stefan was my pillar, a person who was there for me constantly when my parents died and when I turned into a vampire. 

Even though he had a problem with blood and he was just recovering from his ripper stage he tried his best to help to me. We were really close and then Lexi left us to go and form a life on her own. Stefan and I stayed with each, even when he wanted to come to Mystic Falls. And that's when things changed.

Elena Gilbert. Every boys dream. Dark brown hair, beautiful brown hair and a Petrova doppelgänger. Stefan and her met at school and fell in love. A perfect love story. I don't hate Elena, she's an amazing girl to whom bad things always seem to happen, but ever since they fell in love, Stefan has ignored and forgotten about my feelings, emotions and has drifted away.

Right now I know Elena needs someone to be there for her since Jenna is in the hospital after she was compelled to stab herself. But Stefan knows how hospitals make me feel, the memories it brings back. He hasn't looked my way since I stepped foot into the hospital.

Stefan does talk to me and we do stay in the boarding house together with his brother Damon but I can't remember the last time we sat down had a talk like we used to do.

I sit down on the chair opposite Jenna's room as Elena wraps her arms around Stefan's waist and he rests his chin on her head. He's stroking her back and kissing her head trying to calm her down. I know how his hugs are comforting, calming and the way he whispers encouraging things to you, it really does make you feel better.

I sigh and get up from my seat smiling at Jeremy and walking out of the hospital when a hand grabs mine and stops me. I turn around hoping to meet those hazel eyes I've grown to love but end up meeting blue eyes instead. "Going somewhere?" His deep voice asks me. I remove my hand from his grasp and turn around completely to face him, cross my hands in front of me and say "Why do you care Damon?"

"Honestly. I don't, but your important to my brother and with Katherine running around I don't think he'd like it if his other best friend died as well. Also I don't want him to blame me for something else." He says calmly, his eyes looking into mine. I huff and say "Well I don't want to really be here right now so I'm just going back home." Before he could reply I vamp out of the hospital.

----------------

Damon's pov

She left. She ran. And I saw the hurt behind her eyes earlier and I know for a fact that she isn't going back home. I walk out of Mystic Falls General and sit down in my car and go to the place I know she has been going for the past two years to get away from everything. 

I stop my car a little far away from the entrance to the dock since I didn't want her to recognise it. I walk onto the dock and see her sitting there. I hear the water lapping near her legs as she moves her legs in the water. Her long blonde hair moves in the slight breeze. "Stalking me now are you Salvatore?" Her sweet voice breaks me out of my stare.

I scoff, trying to hide my smile and go to stand behind her and say "Stalking? Don't worry I'm not stalking you, like I said before I don't want you to die and then get blamed."