i8.

Damon breaks up cause he thinks he is not good enough.

Kayleigh's pov

"Well that's it no more trouble from Amara for a while now." I say as I dust my hands on my jeans and head into the dimly lit parlor of the boarding house. I look up to see Damon looking at me with a glass of bourbon in his hand. I raise my eyebrows at him as he walks closer to me, holds my chin tilting my head up towards him. "Who did this to you?" he asks angrily eyeing my forehead as I look at him confused. I raise my hand to touch my forehead and when my hands touch something cold and slippery, I remember what happened.

"Oh this? Well, Amara used a branch of wood as self defense and hit me on the head. But it's ok I just need a little of your magical vamp blood" I say chuckling a bit. But Damon doesn't release his grip on my chin but instead holds my cheek and looks into my eyes. I can feel anger radiate from him. I open my mouth to say something but he cuts me off by saying "I will give you my blood and after that you are going to leave me and Mystic Falls." It takes me a few seconds to realize that he was trying to compel me.

I put my hand over his and ask "Where is this coming from Damon? You know I drink vervain, right?" I feel him pull away so I hold his hand tighter. I feel anger and confusion rise up as he forcefully pulls away. I watch as he walks to the table to pick up a glass, he bites into his wrist and lets the blood fall into the glass.

"Damon. Talk me to me. After spending so much time with you and you finally opening up, we are going back to square one again." I say. "You want me to open up? Fine! I just don't know how or if I will ever be able to protect you. I wasn't with you today and if the wood or whatever crazy pants used to hit you with had hit you harder you could have died. And I wouldn't know, because I wasn't there to save you!" I am taken back at his outbreak, he was basically shouting by the end of his mini rant and say "You don't have to save me Damon I-"

"I know you can take care of your self. But that's not the point" he cuts me off. I look at him still confused and he continues "I am NOT good for you. I don't do good things. I kill people for no reason, I am selfish, reckless and I don't care for people. You well your...you. You nice, kind, compassionate. You don't do bad thing. I bring out the worst part of you and I don't want that for you." 

He looks at me with tears in his eyes. "I am choosing now and I don't care what you or Stef or anyone thinks. But you need to know I am choosing to let you go. I want you to stay how you are so I am choosing to let you go even it breaks me."

I don't even realize the tears streaming down my face till I feel Damon's hand on my cheek wiping the tears. I hold his face and say "Damon when I fell for you I didn't care if you were bad or good. And I still don't, because I love you and I always will. And I am asking you please don't be selfish-- just don't make me leave you." He just shakes his head. I push Damon with all my strength and he stumbles back but his eyes never leave mine and I finally shout at him. "You really think that making me leave you will keep me safe? What makes you think that I am going to leave Mystic Falls? After everything we have been through you are letting this stupid decision of yours to tear us apart?" I whisper the last as I stumble into his arms crying.

I let out a cry as I hit him and banged his chest. Screaming, shouting and cursing him and he didn't even flinch. His hands were limp at his sides and he let me hit him till I my hands dropped to my sides due to exhaustion and my forehead rested on his shirt. His arms came around me as I cried and he lowers us to the ground. I cry for a while before calming down, I could feel the warmth coming from him and his slow rising and falling of his chest as my hands held onto his shirt and he rubbed my back. I felt something cool drop on my head only to realize that he was crying too.

"I am not gonna let you break us, Damon. I am not going to let you make this choice, you are not choosing." I sniffle and say but Damon doesn't say anything as he gets up making me lean my back on the couch. I watch him as he walks to the table again, hoping he changed his mind. Hoping he will come back and kiss me like nothing is ever gonna keep us apart.

I watch as he comes back and pushes the glass of his blood into my hand. I saw him wipe his eyes as he sniffles and leans down to kiss my forehead. I close my eyes enjoying the feel of his lips on my head. I hope and think he's changed his mind but I celebrate to soon as Damon speaks and breaks my heart more than I ever thought it could be broken.

"I already choose and I am sticking to my choice." He whispers and gets up looking down at me with a small smile and continues "You deserve to be happy with someone who loves you and can give you what want. I love you Kayleigh, enough to let you go." 

And with that he was gone out the door. I let out a small gasp and feel my heart shatter. I cried harder and longer than I ever did resting my head on my knees and I cried knowing that no matter what, I would always love Damon and nothing he does will ever change that. But once his mind was made up it was impossible to change it.

-------------------------

Hey all!

Ok lets be honest here, that wasn't that good or good at all and I am sorry. I have my semester exams coming and I am freaking out so that's my poor excuse for bad writing but anyways hope you are enjoying the book. So thank you for reading.

Stay safe.
I love you.

 ( tony_starks_whxre )