i.11 (Alternate ending)

Edited 2022: i am actually switching this up and making this imagine an au of the previous one.
Since there was a sad ending to the previos one, this one is of Damon, Lily with Callie if she hadn't died.

Lily's pov

The bright summer light streams through the white curtains falling on my face. I wake to the warmth of the summer sun again with a small smile forming on my face. I look outside at the vast garden of the Salvatore boarding house through the small gap between the curtains as the wind pushes it around. The striking green in contrast to the brown building is familiar and makes the boarding house look more beautiful and unique than it already is.

My attention then moves to the small alarm clock on the bedside table and groan when I see the time. I push my head onto the fluffy pillow and pull the duvet over my head trying to go back to sleep. I give up after trying and get let out a huff as I push my head from under the duvet.

I turn my attention to the other side and the sight in front of me makes my heart melt and a smile forms on my lips again. Callie, my baby girl was lying on Damon's chest as it moved as he breathed, moving her up and down but not waking her. She was only in her diaper, now don't look at me as if I'm a bad parent. Its summer and it's warm.

One of Damon's hand lied protectively on the small of her back but because of her small size Damon's hand covered most of her bare back.

I reached out my hand to brush her brown locks that had grown from her eyes and this movement woke her and she open her eyes, her dark blue eyes looking right at me. She reaches out her small hand and opens and closes her palm calling me to her and says "Mama". She is only 10 months old and 'mama' , 'dada' and 'Stef' are the only words she can say properly along with 'yes' , 'no' and 'pwease'.

I move my hand using my finger lightly tap her small nose and I let out a small chuckle when she scrunches her nose and shakes her head. She grabs onto my finger tightly and slowly moves it from side to side in front of her face. I look at her face that lights up every few times as she smiles and I think about how lucky I am to have her.

When Callie was born there she wasn't breathing on her own. So she had to be put on a ventilator for a few weeks. Those weeks were the worst weeks of my life. Days of worrying over her, days of not being able to hold her in my arms, days of sleeping in the ped ward in an armchair and days of Damon and I reading her story books and humming songs hoping our little girl pulls through.

Turned out Callie is stronger than she looks and recovered quickly. The doctor was surprised and really proud when he saw that Callie was growing healthy and strong and cut down our weekly vists to monthly ones.

I then turn to look at my knight in white armor sleeping peacefully. His head facing me as his black hair falls on his face covering a part of his eyes. The similarities between him and Callie makes me let out chuckle. I feel Callie leave my finger and then when I look at her she has her fist on her mouth sucking on it. I frown at her and gently pull her fist out of her mouth as she pouts and I say "You can't do that bubba. It's not good ok?"

She nods her head that is still resting on Damon's head and says "No good." I smile at her and say "You wanna wake up Dada?" I ask her and she quickly gets up and moves closer to Damon's face and places her palm on his face and I smile seeing how small it is. "Dada. Dada?" She has a small frown in her face when Damon doesn't budge and moves to rest her face in the crook of his neck and says "Dada. Dada!" a little louder now and she lifts her face and giggles when Damon groans and opens his eyes. He instantly smiles and moves his hand cupping Callie's face and she giggles again and he says "Good morning Princess."

Damon moves his head to face me and his smiles increases when he spots me watching him and moves closer to kiss me.

------------

Damon's pov

I close my eyes as my lips touch her soft ones and instantly sigh. I move my hand that is not holding Callie to cup Lily's jaw and kiss for a little longer. Her soft lips always have me hooked and even after her knowing for so long she doesn't fail to surprise me every now and then. Lily pulls back and I hold back my groan and kiss her forehead as she watches Callie who is still sitting on my chest.

I knew Callie wasn't having it and wanted my attention when I felt her little fist punch me on my chest. I smirk and turn my attention back to my princess. I carefully lifted her off of my chest and held in the air close to my face. I kissed he on her forehead and said "So impatient. Just like your mama." She then sneezes onto my face and I scrunch my nose and she giggles loudly, squirming and moving in my arms. I start peppering kisses all over her face and after a few seconds she is clearly fed up and she crosses her arms and huffs and says "No. No. Sop dada."

I look at her and kiss her cheeks when she squirms and puts both her palms against my face holding me back and looks at me and says "No." I smile and put her in between Lily and me, making Lily move to make space for her.

Callie then turns to her mom and presses her cheek against Lily's cheek. She still didn't know how to give kisses so she just pressed her cheek to our faces.  Lily rises a little bit from the bed to place a small kiss on Callies nose and says "I love you sweetheart."

---------------

Lily's pov

I feel Damon watching us in adoration from the corner of my eyes and we turn to look at him. His eyes held a look of warmth and love and I plop down back down on the bed and turn to him when he says "I don't how I got so lucky to have both of you. I feel like the luckiest man alive. I love you both so much." I smile softly at his words and look down at Callie who is facing me. She is curled up against my chest and is happily chewing on my jumper while her other hand is grabbing the collar of the same jumper.

I give her a serious look when she looks at and stops chewing on my jumper "No good." She says frowning at the jumper as if it had done something wrong which lead to Callie getting into trouble.

I giggle at her and she lets go of my collar as well. I sigh and gently run my hand through her hair. She soon forgets that she was eating my jumper and turns to Damon and reaches out and pokes his nose with small index finger. He suddenly grabs her and pretends to eat it, making 'nom nom' noise and she laughs loudly, her other hand on his face. Their interaction making me smile.

After 5 mins of playing with Callie she falls asleep curled up again against my chest with my arm draped across her. Damon has a hold of my other arm and was playing with my fingers. "You know I feel the same and I love that I am part of a beautiful family with you and Callie."

Damon looks at me and smiles and starts to kiss my fingers softly. I look at Callie sleeping peacefully, snuggled up near me and smile at my perfect family.

--------------

Hey all!

How are you guys? Hope you liked this. Anyway happy halloween... Hope y'all have a safe trick or treating. (belated wishes ik but... like it doesn't matter) :)

And my birthday is in 15th days. yay I wont be 15 anymore. Well anyway thanks for reading.. And if y'all have any request please do send them cause my ideas are depleting

Stay safe.
I love you.

(Edited 2022: okay but I added and removed so many parts from this. Something that my 15 year old self should have done)