i.9

Damon's there every step of the way

Nancy's pov

I hear someone calling my name and try to open my eyes. It seems to take all my strength to open my eyes. All I see is a blur scene and something cold falling on my face. I blink the blurriness away from my eyes and look to my left to see trees growing upside.

Huh? Why is everything upside down? I shake my head to come back to reality only to realize that I am upside down. That's when everything comes back to me.

Flashback

I smile at Damon and place my hand on his that is on my knee. "I know I already asked you this but are you sure Damon?" I ask him and continue "I know what being a vampire means to you and you don't have to give that up for me? We can still be together." I feel him squeeze my knee and say "I already told you Nanc, I took am taking the cure and I am not going to change my mind." He takes my hand and slowly rubs my knuckles with his thumb. "For you it might be forever since you are human thanks to the works of the cure. For you it might be forever but after some 60 or 70 years I will be losing and what am I going to do after that?"

I had taken the cure a few days ago and Damon had told me he needed time to decide whether he wanted to become human. And today he had taken me to watch the sunset over the hill when he told me he was ready to take the care and spend the rest of our human lives together.

"I can't live without you and I'd rather spend as much time as I can with you and even die with you. Only then will we have our forever." Damon finishes and looks at me as my eyes glaze over again. "And if you die and I am still vampire who is going to boss over me?" Damon smirks.

I let out a teary chuckle and he leans to kiss me as I do the same. Our lips brush each other when I see lights coming from in front of us and look at Damon seeing that his eyes are shut. Everything happens slowly then.

"Damon! Look out" I shout as Damon snaps his eyes open and tries to veer the car onto the other side of the road. But he's too slow as he bang the vehicle that looked like a truck on it side on sending our car summersaulting. I grab the seat and feel Damon's hand in front of me trying to minimize the impact. My head hits the dashboard and I feel a sharp pain in my side as the cars comes to a screeching stop and my vision completely disappears.

---------------

"Nanc? Nancy!" I look to my right to see Damon looking at me. His face had cuts that were already healing but the blood and the dirt remained. "Nancy, Baby I got you, don't move. I'm coming over to your side baby hold on." I turn my head to the front to asses the view in front of me only to see black spots dancing in my vision as I feel my conscious slipping again.

I open my eyes again to see Damon ripping the car door open and carrying me out. I cry out in pain when Damon lifts me and and quickly holds my leg to support it. I whimper as he carefully lowers me to the road right next to car. "Nanc come on just a few more seconds ok and you will be in the hospital." He told me as he lifts me again but I cry out and say "I can't Damon. Every time you try to carry me something hurts... I can't."

I hear Damon shout at someone as I look up to the sky and let out another whimper and the only thing I hear is the ringing in my ears.

--------------

Damon's pov

"Call 911! " I shout out to the driver who steps out of his truck. All I want to do is to go and rip out the throat of the guy for driving a truck like that. But right now Nancy is my top priority.

I look down at her looking up at the sky whimpering in pain. She has a huge cut on her head that is bleeding and staining her hair and flawless face, her foot is bent at a weird angle. I see her pressing down on her stomach and she slowly lifts up her top to asses the cut only to find a huge ugly glass piece sticking out of her skin. I widen my eyes when she tries to move but cries out when the glass digs in deeper. I move my hand to her waist holding her still so it won't cause her any pain.

I feel hands on mine and look down to see her eyes on me. "Damon..." But I cut her off by saying "Save your breath baby...don't talk. We have forever to do that." Her hands move to wipe the tear from my cheek and I almost shiver at how cold she feels.

"Damon you know what's happening. Don't deny it." I shake my head and see her lift her head to look down at her wound and I gently push her head down with one hand and say "Keep breathing. You are doing great don't look at it."

She sniffles and moves her hand to the glass piece try and pull it out, to stop the pain but I grab her hand, stopping her. "Damon. Ah! It... I can't-" She is cut of and her lips tremble as she tries not to shout out. "Shhh, I know it hurts, I know." I say and kiss her on her forehead.

"Damon I need you to promise me that you won't drink around that you will move on and live an amazing life." She blurts out shocking me. "No... Nancy, I am not promising anything . Our forever hasn't even begun and you are already giving up?"

"Damon..." She says and takes my hand in her trembling ones and places it on her chest. "Listen.. listen to it.. You know I won't make it. It's too obvious." I listen to her heart beating but it's slow and her breathing becomes erratic, confirming my worst nightmare.

I open my mouth to say something when I hear the sirens, they were distant but they were coming. "H-hold on, t-t-they're c-coming okay? They are coming Nanc." I look down back at her hearing her heartbeat slow as I support and help her to lean against me.

She raises her head and kisses me. Her lips soft and as welcoming as they have ever been but terribly cold and I kiss her back ignoring the blood from her face smearing onto to mine. I kiss her long and as she pulls away she whispers "I love you Damon Salvatore."

"No. No...No. You don't get to quit on me Nancy." I am crying now as she closes her eyes and I don't listen to her heart as I bite into my wrist and placing it on her mouth hoping she drinks. I lift my hand to see my blood slide down her lips and I hold onto her still applying pressure on her wound.

"Please, please wake up. I can't do this without you." I feel a person take her away from and I fight back only to see the paramedics working on her. My eyes are blurry as someone asks me if he can check me and I whisper "Her...just save her please."

I close my eyes and listen begging... hoping to hear her heart but I hear nothing and more tears slide down and I realize that she is gone forever and I will never be able to touch her, kiss her and hold her ever again.

---------------

Hey all!

I wrote this in an hour soo if it's bad I am sorry. So I hope you liked this and please vote by clicking the star and thanks for reading!

Stay safe.
I love you.

(Edited version 2022: So I was reading this imagine and I realized I never said that she took the cure so I added in that part. The part where she pulled out the glass, I removed it cause it's just stupid and changed that up a bit. That's all :) )