v

Suddenly the 'cha-ching' sound of a donation pings in my chat, and I look up. I've been away from the game for nearly two minutes.

"Oh, whoops, sorry guys!" I laugh nervously, straightening up as the robotic voice starts to read out the text onscreen.

"Hi Red, I love your streams, you're really cool and I can't wait for MCC so you can kill Tommy because he is not as poggers as you. Love Amy."

"Thanks for the £5! And I'll make sure to stab him extra hard just for you, Amy." I spin round in my chair and read through chat. "I should probably actually pay attention to the game now." I notice the voting screen has appeared. "Uh, what's been happening, guys?"

Chat
Person249: NIKI GOT CAUGHT D:
Person068: THEY'RE ALL VOTING FOR MUMACHU

I gasp. "Not Mumachu!" Sure enough, when I look at the screen, everyone has the vote Ivón next to their characters. I undeafen to chaos.

"It wasn't me! I swear I saw Will do it!" Niki stammers.

"No, I reported it, I was on the cams and I saw you!" Wilbur yells back.

"Oh, hi again, guys," I say brightly. "What's up? I've been on deafen, talking to chat and stuff."

"Niki killed!" shouts Quackity, clearly enjoying the drama.

"No, it was Wilbur!" Niki says. "Please don't vote for me, Red!"

"Well, if he saw on cams..." I wince. "I think we have to vote Niki here. Wait, has everyone else voted for her?"

"Yes!" Tubbo says excitedly.

"Alright then." I click on Niki's name. "Sorry, Mumachu," I whisper on mute.

The white character with a sparkling golden halo soars across the screen, turning somersaults in the air while white text follows.

Niki was ejected.

"Everyone stay together!" yells Tubbo.

Oh shit.

"Guys, I don't know how we're gonna do this," I panic. "Uh, all right, let's just go for it. What's the worst that can happen? Apart from, you know, being caught." I laugh shakily. "Who made this dumb game so fucking intense?"

The remaining four of us run to navigation, where Quackity starts to do his tasks.

Then the screen starts to beep and flash red, and 'Reactor Meltdown' comes up in the top left.

"Thanks, Niki," I say under my breath. "Alright, let's go."

We start to run towards the left side, but Quackity hangs back to finish his download. Checking that everyone else is ahead, I run back.

"Hasta la vista, Big Q." I click the 'Kill' button.

Quickly, I head after the others, who have already reached the reactor. They fix it, and we run back out.

The doors on either side of us are locked.

"Wait, guys, I think I got this!" I say. My eyes fixate on the kill cooldown.

Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three.

The doors at the top open. Wilbur starts to run up, but I stay still. Tubbo looks at me, running around me.