xii

A/N — I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS CHAPTER IS, BUT I DO KNOW ITS VERY BAD AND I APOLOGISE D: I THINK I WAS ON LAS DROOGAS WHILE WRITING IT BUT I DONT HAVE TIME TO REDO THE WHOLE THING SO SORRY IN ADVANCE xx

I swear to God, my heart actually stops when that small piece of white text appears in the game chat in the bottom left corner of my computer screen.

Dream was slain by Redical.

"WAIT, WHAT?!" Tubbo yells. "You did what?!"

"I... I..." The blood pounding in my head, I stare, shocked, at the five words.

My screen bursts into a rainbow of fireworks and sparkles.

"RED! We... WE WON!" Wilbur shouts.

"YOU DID IT! YOU ACTUALLY DID IT!" Tubbo shouts, still sounding stunned.

"Well, I did tell you I was a PvP god," I say, surprised at how calm my voice comes out.

The three of them laugh, still slightly in shock.

"Well, uh, wow, chat, hope you enjoyed that, uh, show," I continue in disbelief, my voice shaking. That's more like me.

Chat:
Person253: HOLY CRAP WE DID
Person020: WAIT YOU KILLED BOTH TOMMY AND THE EVIL GREEN TELETUBBY

"The what?" I snort, slurping up the last dregs of a can of Sprite. "You're all weird. And, you know what, I'm all here for it."

"Twitch Chat is the most chaotic, painful, eye-opening thing you'll ever read," replies Tubbo.

"Can confirm," says Wilbur, through a mouthful of food.

"Twitch Chat is very cool," says Niki. "I love you guys!"

"They are! They're all so— oh, hello?"

The call makes two quiet ba-dum noises. Then another. And then another.

"Uh, hello?" I ask uncertainly.

"Helloooo!" says a cheerful voice that I recognise from earlier.

"Hi again, George!" I say excitedly.

"GOGY!" Tubbo screeches.

"Shh, George, we're meant to be angry at them," hisses another voice, giggling softly.

"Hello, Karl!" I say, recognising his dolphin-like laughter from that one Among Us game we played.

"Hi, Red!" he says happily. "Wait, no, bad Red. We lost cause of you!"

I shrug. "Well, I guess the best gamers always win in the end."

"Hey!" he says, outraged, as the rest of my team laugh.

"I mean, she did beat Dream in a one-v-one battle in her first MCC. For that alone, they deserve to win," laughs a warm, deep American voice.

"AYY! SAPPY NAPPY!" yells Tubbo.

"Yes, I agree. She did do that, and she did deserve to win," I say. "Also... have we met yet?"

"No, I don't think we have."

"Oh! Well, howdy there! I'm Red, all your friends think I'm under the influence of either swag or crack cocaine."

"G-good to know!" He laughs. "Uh, I'm Sapnap, hi."

"Hi! Great to meet you!"

"So wait, who else is here?" asks Wilbur. "Karl, Sap, Gogy..."

"And me!" says another American person. But this is one that I actually recognise this time. Because it's one that I've listened to hundreds and hundreds of times while watching its owner effortlessly beat the game time and time again in just minutes. One that belongs to one of my all-time role models.