vii

Red🌹@ _redical tweeted:
I think I just got a compliment from TommyInnit O_O

—> Tubbo @ TubboLive
       YAY

—> TommyInnit @tommyinnit
it was NOT a compliment, just a simple remark on your vague tolerability

—> Wilbur Soot @ WilburSoot
       Ah, young love is so sweet
       —> Red🌹 @ _redical
              SHUT TF UP WILL GXBCNZRPSJL
              —> TommyInnit @ tommyinnit
                     EW EW IM NEVER TEXTING U AGAIN _redical
—> Red🌹@ _redical
YUP YUP GOOD PLAN

***

Of course, I end up changing my mind about him the very next day.

"You're all so weird," I laugh, jumping across the closed iron trapdoors in the parkour section of the training map. "This isn't, what, primary school, where whenever you speak to someone of the opposite sex you're automatically dating." We're doing some more practice to make up for the lost time yesterday. None of us are streaming, and we're just having a casual conversation. A nice change from having to always reach expectations when playing live.

"Fair," Wilbur replies, catching up to me. "But Tommy's really terrible at talking to women. So if he's had at least one conversation with you, that means he probably likes you. At least a bit."

"I thought you guys had only met up in real life once."

"Yeah, but he was so weird whenever he was talking to us, all shouty and loud and stuff, and always going on about women," Niki chuckles.

"Plus there's that one million subscribers video thing he made. That was chaos."

I stop and turn around to face her character. "His what?"

"Wait, you haven't seen that? Okay, we have got to show you this," Tubbo giggles.

"Will he be alright with that?" I say nervously as Wilbur shares his screen on the Discord call and pulls up YouTube.

"All his friends have seen it, of course he'll be fine," Wilbur replies. "It's on YouTube anyway. For anyone to see." He clicks on Tommy's channel and scrolling to find a video with Tommy pulling a weirdly contorted face in the thumbnail, wearing a square aqua helmet and holding a fake diamond Minecraft sword.

"Oh God," I say, biting my lip and trying not to laugh. "This is gonna be interesting."

"Hang on, it's at about—" Wilbur starts, but he instantly stops when the sound of a call connecting bleeps.

"Oh, uh, hello?" Tubbo says uncertainly.

"Ello," comes the cheerful voice of TommyInnit.

"Tommy!" Tubbo says happily. "Hi!"

I murmur a greeting, too busy concentrating on the block game and what Will is trying to show me.

Wilbur bursts into slightly nervous laughter. "Hello, TommyInnit. How are you on this fine evening?"

"I was okay until I discovered that Redical was in this call. What are you all up to?" he asks suspiciously. "What's going on?"

"Oh, nothing, nothing at all, just some Minecraft and stuff. How about you, TommyInnit?"

"Wilbur," he says through gritted teeth. "What's that on your screen?"

"Oh, Wilbur wanted to show me something," I say innocently.