ix

"Anyway, what are you two doing?" Tommy says, clearing his throat, clearly embarrassed after his best friend's brash remark.

"Just vibing, I guess," I say, bobbing my head to the music, which has thankfully changed to something other than Bruno Mars.

"Cool." He pauses. "Aren't the championships starting in about 20 minutes, though?"

"17 minutes, to be exact," I say, checking my watch. "But that doesn't mean we can't stream."

"True."

"Ooh, I know what we can do!" says Tubbo, brightening up.

"What?" I ask, curious.

"One sec."

"Tubbo. Tell me what you are doing." But he doesn't reply.

Nope. This isn't gonna go well at all, is it?

After a few seconds, Tommy laughs. "Tubbo, why did you send a message on the Dream SMP server saying, 'Come and met my friend Red on the Cyan Creepers voice—" He stifles a splutter.

"Chanel."

"Don't spoil it! And you know I can't spell that well," he says indignantly as his best friend stifles a laugh.

"You did what?!" I exclaim, almost falling out of my chair and knocking my can of Sprite off the table.

"Shit," I say under my breath, picking up the - luckily empty - can and mopping at the floor with the first thing I can find (which unfortunately happens to be my favourite fleecy blanket).

"But seriously, Tubbo." I pop my head up to look at my webcam. "What the hell?"

"Don't be mad! I promise it's gonna be fun!"

Before I can protest further, two people join the call.

Shit.

"Hello?" says one of the voices, and I breathe out. It's Quackity. Someone I know. Thank God.

"Big Q!" Tommy cheers. "My friend!"

"AYYYYYY! THOMAS!" Quackity screeches, his words enhanced by his bright Mexican accent.

"Hello again!" I say cheerfully.

"REDDDD!" he yells with the same energy.

"BIG Q!" I shout back with similar levels of enthusiasm. "WANNA DO SOME MORE CULT DANCING?"

"HELL YEAH!"

"Well, thanks for murdering my ears two seconds in," says a British voice I don't recognise.

Chat:
Person425: GOGS???
Person167: GEORGE!!!!!

"Is that... GOGY?!" Tubbo exclaims excitedly. "HI GOGY!"

"...Gogy?" I say, confused.

"Hello there!" the voice replies. "You must be Red!"

"Y-yeah, that's me..." I say nervously. "Who are you?"

"Listen, Red, Red, Red," Tommy hisses.

"Tommy, Tommy, Tommy," I respond, wrapping the dry part of the fleecy blanket around myself.

"No- Red! This is George. GeorgeNotFound. Friend of Dream. Most beautiful and knowledgeable man in the universe."

My stomach drops. "GeorgeNotFound? The British one in all the Manhunt videos?"

"Mhm!" George says. "So, you're Tubbo's friend?"

"Yeah, uh, last time I checked." I curse silently. Why am I so awkward?