Balance: Pink

Iris POV 

I stared in shock at the figure staring us down, almost smiling menacingly at me, while I was checking and trying to heal Nathaniel. 

"What do you want?" Carissa asked, her fierce gaze nearly penetrating the man's mask, but his courage didn't even waver. 

"Your jewels, of course." he scoffed as if it was obvious. Then he pointed his finger at Lyna's head, and she reached up to touch her hair. He then pulled something out of his pocket, and pointed it at the jewel, waiting patiently for the effect to come. Nothing happened. Suddenly, Lyna's jewel began to vibrate.

She tried to hold it down on her head, but the pull was stronger. She jumped up, and bolted out of the room, as the man rolled his eyes and floated over. Carissa was so shocked she barely moved. A jarring scream from Lyna snapped her trance, and we all ran over to see Lyna trying to throw the kitchen utensils at the man, who dodged them easily. 

Suddenly, a massive roar was heard in the apartment, and I could almost hear murmurs from the hallway. 

"Dawn! Iris!" she yelped, and threw a pot at the man's head. Dawn and I looked at each other, and aimed our hands at the man, who's back was turned. Our crystals reflected off the light in the room. 

We shot one at him, but he phased, and the crystal passed right through him. He hissed as if it hurt him, and swiped at Lyna's head again, but she was already gone. Her ring was left clattering on the floor, and she had disappeared. The man snarled in frustration. 

"She was already the hardest to get, with the protection spell on her jewel."

He drifted out the window, seemingly following the way of the wind. 

"Pink," he turned back around to glare at one of us, "don't think this is over." 

From his pocket, there was a glint of white and I knew immediately that it was Dawn's jewel. She held out her hand, and tried desperately to call it back to her. Nothing happened. 

The man let out a maniacal laugh. 

"Puny White." 

He tossed something at us, and we all instinctively dodged. He laughed again, and disappeared in a swirl of black crystal magic. 

His words seemed to echo in the wind. 

"Don't think this is over." 

Talia bent down to inspect the thing that he had thrown at us. Weirdly enough, it was beeping. Her eyes grew wide. 

"Dark Crystal Magic. It'll entrap every single one of us when it explodes if we don't toss it out into the sea." she declared, and the horrified looks of Carissa, Auriana, and Chandler was enough to shake them out of their boots. Auriana tossed her red hair over her shoulder and leaned down closer to take a better look. 

"Actually, there's enough of us here." she corrected Talia, who huffed and crossed her arms. 

"If we surround this piece of exploding crystal with a single layer of crystal bubble, we'll be able to hold in the explosion." she instructed each of us. I looked over at Nathaniel, who was still unconscious on the ground. She nodded solemnly. 

With a struggling hand, I started the spell. 

"Crystal Atmospherum." I said, as Talia, Auriana, Carissa, Chandler, Dawn, and Lev started to chant. It lifted it up, and a colorful array of bubbles, one-by-one, covered the piece of crystal.

I started to waver, and my knees buckled, my crystal bubble slowly disappearing from view. I, very slowly, stood up, but my knees became weak again.