Balance: Stolen

Chandler POV 

We watched as my sister interrogated Vega. There was something oddly familiar about her. Not just the fact that her smile was enticing and her powers of persuasion were increasingly well... persuasive. 

But the way that she smiled, her grin reminded me of someone...

My thoughts were interrupted by someone slamming their hands on the wooden table. Auriana jumped out of her chair, and yawned as she watched Dawn interrogate the now frightened yellow princess. 

However, Vega didn't crack. 

Suddenly, after maybe 10 minutes of interrogation, Vega cracked. 

"Alright! We're on a mission to stop the Black Knight from disrupting the Balance." she huffed. 

Dawn smiled proudly. 

"But don't think I gave in to your Persuasion. I only did it because I was annoyed." 

Dawn's posture sank. She walked out the tent flap. 

 "Great! You're done?" Talia asked, sitting outside with Nathaniel and Iris. Lyna and Carissa stood up.

"Yep," Dawn grumbled. 

"Is there anyone in there watching her?" Carissa asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, Auriana." I said.

The obvious tension the forest made it hard to look at each other in the eye. After two minutes of looking at each other's feet, Iris was the first one to speak. 

"Let's go for a walk." Iris muttered. 

"I'll come with you." Lyna volunteered. 

"So am I." Talia and Nathaniel chorused. They stared at each other with angry expressions. 

Iris rolled her eyes and motioned for them to come with her. Nate and Talia both grumbled insults at each other and followed Iris. Lyna led the charge. 

"We should go back inside." I ordered. Dawn and Lev followed me. Carissa was already inside when we heard a scream. Carissa poked her head out of the tent. 

"Auriana and Vega are fine." 

We all looked at each other wide eyed and bolted for the direction that Lyna had went. Auriana tried to come after us, but Dawn barked, 

"No, Auriana, stay here!" 

She frowned, but obeyed her orders. 

We ran straight into Talia, who was panting from running so far. There was a large scratch on her left leg, and a few cuts on her face. There was a rope burn on her wrist, and her right knee was bleeding. There was an orange leaf in her hair, and more than a few twigs stuck in the cuffs of her jacket.

"Lyna... Black Knight... Iris... Help..." 

Lev ran past all of us, with Carissa and Dawn close behind. 

I shuffled my feet next to Talia, who plucked the orange leaf out of her hair. 

"So..." Talia murmured. 

"Yes?" Maybe I was a little too hopeful. Talia stared at me. 

"Chandler, the break-up is final." she touched my shoulder, in the gentle way like a friend would. My shoulders slumped. 

"Of course. I respect your wishes." I forced out my words through my gritted teeth. Talia smiled somberly. 

"I thought you'd understand." she murmured.