Balance: Captured

LYNA POV 

I awoke from my slumber, only to see that I was still trapped in the brown, criss-crossed net. There was no way out. I looked around for my friends, only to come up with nothing. 

"Well, look who it is!" 

I peered through the darkness, but I saw nothing. My eyes hadn't adjusted to the dark yet.

"Princess Lyna, you've got no choice, hand over the jewel, or your friends will die." 

There was a bright stadium light that powered up as soon as he said that. His finger pointed to the cluster of my friends. They were all huddled together, as if they stepped out, they would be incinerated. 

I screamed out for them, and clung to the rope that was around me. 

"Don't hurt them! Please!" I pleaded. The Black Knight turned around in surprise. 

"I actually didn't think you'd break that easily." he admitted. 

"Well, you're clearly an expert on this sort of thing." I muttered. I could swear that he was grinning proudly. 

The man snapped his fingers, and the illusion of my friends disappeared. Suddenly, my friends disappeared, only a piece of black crystal laid out in front. 

"Sire! The Princess' friends are coming to the Palace!" 

"You are dismissed." The Black Knight nodded and waved him off. 

"Thanks!" I called after him. 

Despite his rugged appearance, he actually smiled. I thought I heard the Black Knight chuckle. 

"What was that?" 

"Oh, nothing." he muttered. 

"Hmph!" 

"She's over here!" Iris' voice called. 

"There are minions everywhere!" Chandler complained. 

"You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You die, walk it off." Talia said. 

"Wasn't that from-" Dawn interrupted. 

"Yeah, it's the only awesome thing that she's ever watched in her lifetime." Chandler murmured. 

I heard the clink of a blade. 

"Jeez, these things are strong!" Lev grunted. 

"Lyna! Answer us!" 

"Iri-" there was a sharp pain in my head, and I felt myself going unconscious. 

"I'm sorry, Lyna." a soft voice behind me whispered. I only saw a glint of sadness in his eyes, and I fell asleep. 

...

"Lyna! Are you awake?" 

I blinked several times, trying to adjust to the brightness that was the outdoors. 

"Oh! She's alive!" Lev chuckled, pulling Lyna into a tight embrace. 

"She was always alive." 

"What do you remember about the ordeal?" Talia asked. 

"Seriously, Tals? She was just kidnapped and knocked unconscious. NOW you want to ask her questions?" Iris raised an eyebrow. 

Talia sighed. 

"I guess we could wait a few minutes." 

It was barely five minutes before the questions started to trickle in. 

I laughed. 

"I actually don't remember a lot of it. i think I was asleep most of the time." 

"Then the Black Knight knocked me out with this blade. I don't remember what it was-" 

"Lyna, your jewel!" Auriana called out. 

It was very strange. I pulled it out of my messy hair, and I found that the color was decreasing rapidly. 

"What's happening?" I asked, looking Talia. 

"I-I don't know!" 

"You have to know something! That was our last piece of leverage!" 

"That blade..." Dawn murmured. 

"Lyna, do you, by any chance, know how it felt like when the blade hit you? Did it feel like pain? Or did you feel like it was sucking out your energy?" 

I thought about it. "All I remembered was the blade hitting my skull, and the world going black. There was a light ping when it came into contact, though." 

Dawn gasped excitedly, and pulled out a book from her stash hidden in her tent. 

She pulled out a novel called The Mythical Swords and Blades of Ephedia. 

It was a special edition. 

"OMG! Your have that book too?" Talia and Dawn fangirled over the book for a few minutes, before Chandler cleared his throat and pointed to the book. 

"Oh, right." 

"The Blade of Xeris. Found in the land of... well... Xeris. Effectiveness: 99%. Only weakness: destroying the jewel at the center of the blade. Can only be immune by: Birth under the land of Crystalla. Those born in Crystalla are dosed at birth with an immunity potion." 

"That makes two of us!" Dawn and Chandler cheered, high-fiving. 

"How does it work?" Auriana asked. 

"The blade can be used when the jewel is aimed at the target. It can also be activated when hit with the tip of the blade. The last method is pointing the tip at the middle of their forehead." 

"I mean, what does it do?" 

"Oh! Well, the Blade of Xeris was once held by one of the Five Knights of Ephedia that defeated Ansel. Then again, there were four other weapons. The bow and arrow of Volta. The spear of Calix. The dagger of Borealis. The staff of Ephedia. 

"Oh." 

"So these five units banded together, although they were on the brink of war. And they trapped Ansel in the World Below. But it's eating up Ephedia." 

The ground began to shake as Dawn continued. 

"We need to restore the Balance!" 

"Auriana! Talia!" 

A staggering Vega walked in. I drew my ring, and aimed it at her forehead. But I broke down in a coughing fit. 

"Lyna!" 

"What did you do?" Chandler cried. 

"Nothing, I promise." 

"Talk!" Talia demanded. 

"I was captured by the Black Knight. My men were slaughtered. If any of them survived, they would undergo brainwashing. They would be brainwashed to be mindless soldiers of the Black Knight. Graymorr used the same magic." Vega shuddered. Chandler and Dawn looked uncomfortably at the floor. 

"My kingdom needs saving. Please. This is the only place I could go. And my kingdomw ill be attacked if I go there. Please, help me!" 

"How do you know this? Why are you helping us?" 

"The Black Knight must die. But his armor is impenetrable. He can only be punctured by either of the five weapons." Chandler nodded. 

Vega smirked. 

"Can't I help an old friend?" 

"You AREN'T my friend." Talia replied harshly. 

"Look, I don't really want to cooperate with you guys either. But this is all I have." 

"Fine. We'll help you. But on one condition." 

Lyna appeared behind Vega and snapped a pair of handcuffs onto her wrists, pulling her through the tent flap.