Balance: The End

Iris POV 

I know that we let Gedeon off the hook. But he deserves it. He was suffering, and his mother took him to heaven, the place he wanted to be the most. 

"Iris? We're here." Talia whispers softly. 

I look up at the gates. 

"Are you sure you're ready to face him?" Auriana asks. 

"I'm sure." 

The knights burst the door open. 

"Your Majesty!" one calls. 

I interrupt the one who called out his name. 

Flashback: 

We all carried the weapons heavily in our hands. We all raised the weapons up into the sky, while Auriana shot an arrow into the ceiling, cracking open the glass. From the tip of each weapon, they shot a single blast into the sky, emitting a powerful feeling through each and every one of us. 

"The Balance is fixed." Talia opens her eyes as the rest of us follow. 

"The Balance is fixed." I say in the loudest voice possible. 

The King turns around, smiling. 

"I'm so proud of you, my Iris." he embraces me. 

"You're done, my daughter." 

My mother takes my face in her hands, and plants a kiss on my forehead, signifying that she has given me her blessing to leave this world, and live my own life. 

My mother's face fades away till my vision is black.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

We find ourselves lying in my apartment. 

I crawl over to find Nathaniel on the ground. 

"Nate!" 

"Iris?" 

Carissa and Lyna both groan. Chandler yells in pain, as he bumps his head on the coffee table. Dawn and Talia sit up together. The rest are still confused. 

"What happened?" 

"I-I'm not sure!" 

"Did we all pass out?" Lyna asks. 

"What's the last thing you remember?" 

"I remember... actually I'm n-not sure." I shrug. 

Talia holds her head in pain. 

"Let's just forget this ever happened." 

The rest of us stand up as Auriana opens the door for the rest of us. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

20 Years Later: 

"Chandler! Are you kidding me?" Talia grins as she throws cake at Chandler's face. 

"Honey! The baby!" Chandler shrieks as Talia gets a headache, falling on her butt. Lev runs around, trying to keep the rest of the kids together. Nathaniel scoops up Natalie and Carson before they trip. 

"We should do this more often!" Dawn exhales, as she takes a break from running around with the kids. 

"Maybe not." Lyna groans, panting. 

We all laugh jovially. 

"Let's definitely make plans." 

Lyna snuggles up with her boyfriend. His electric blue eyes are still, but watchful. His honey blond hair is swept to the left by the wind. 

Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see a cloaked, hooded figure, headed towards Rose, my only daughter. 

I run towards the figure, who races towards the lone child, playing on the seesaw. 

"Rose!" I call, but she doesn't hear me. The sound of creaking metal is blocking her hearing. 

An unfamiliar sound calls out from my throat. 

"Crystal Asser!" I yell out. This triggers something in the hooded figure, and it looks up, and it is smacked back by the spell. It gets back up, unbelievably, and runs towards Rose. I get to her in time, and scoop her up, staring the figure in the eye. 

Her blue eyes stare me right in the eye, and her purple hair is in her face. When she stands up straight, I am about as tall as her. 

"Don't hurt her. You'll have to go through me." 

The figure laughs and mutters, 

"Pulchra filia mea. Ego numquam volui ad terrent vobis. Paenitet me quod dixi delere memoriam. Te amo, me carissime Iris." 

I can't understand her completely, but before I can ask her more questions, she disappears, but not before giving me a smile and a wave. Her eyes look sad, and they dart to Rose's, who smiles back. The only thing I understood was that she loved me. 

"Iris!" Nathaniel calls. 

"Nate!" I run to him, and he embraces me sweetly. 

"What's wrong?" he asks, as he notices me trembling. 

"Mommy saw someone!" Rose grins. 

I smile softly at her, and I can almost hear a voice in the wind. 

Amor est sicut ventus. Vos can videre illud, sed quod suus 'non.