Balance: Orange

AURIANA'S POV 

I bolted into the Smoothie Shop, where I heard Talia scream. Iris and Nathaniel were there, frantically looking for her. I peeked outside, to see Talia being held captive by the man. 

"You got another part of the prophecy." he snarled, his wispy hand over her mouth. I shouted in protest, but Talia's worried eyes prevented me from even crying out. I could see Iris from the corner of my eyes, behind the glass, trying to ask what was wrong, even though she couldn't see me. 

Carissa and Lyna skidded around the corner, Lev and Chandler not far behind. Dawn trailed behind, still a little full from her smoothie. 

"I told you not to eat anything!" Chandler complained. Dawn rolled her eyes, I glared at the man, who's red eyes pierced the inside of mine. The man telepathically locked the doors, leaving Iris and Nathaniel trapped inside. 

He laughed maniacally. 

"Give me your jewel, Green." he commanded. Lyna hesitated, but later brought it down, and began walking towards the man. Talia managed to get the hand off her mouth, and shouted, 

"Lyna, don't! It's a trap! He knows only that you can break the protection spell." 

Lyna stepped back in fear, and the man growled, his wispy form starting to dissipate. He looked down in surprise, as if that wasn't part of the plan. He tried to stop it with his own magic, but he continued to fade away, reduced into nothing. Talia gasped in surprise, and dropped to the ground. 

Landing on her feet, she ran over, afraid that he would catch her again. Suddenly, a girl appeared, her white-blue hair framing her face, while another person came to stand next to her. His orange crystal ring was on his ring finger, a similar one in blue on the woman's finger. Their hooded figures gave off the sense of security, as if they were part of a secret society. 

"Who are you?" Talia demanded, staring them down. I nodded, and looked at them. The woman and man began to laugh, bending down to throw their hoods off their heads. 

"You don't recognize us?" the woman laughed, as she tossed her hair out of her face. Talia gasped in surprise. I laughed in delight. 

The man and woman stood up straight, hugging each other from the side, each holding their opposite arms out to Talia and me. We ran towards them. 

Izira and Jodan, the happy, married couple was finally on Earth. 

"Hey, sis!" Jodan greeted, ruffling my hair. 

"What gave off the warning?" Talia asked, giggling. 

"Lyna." Izira said, as she looked up to nod at the smiling princess. She sheepishly waved her hand, while Carissa and Lev smiled and came over. Dawn and Chandler inched closer, seeming to think that this was some sort of trick, only stopping to open the door that Iris and Nathaniel were locked behind. 

"Why didn't you use our magic?" Izira asked, looking at the disappointment filling in Talia's eyes. 

"They were stolen. All except Lyna's." 

Jodan stepped back in shock. 

"But we still have our jewels." he protested. I smiled. 

"Yes. All of the young princess' jewels are the most powerful together." Talia explained, looking at me for confirmation. I nodded. 

Izira wiped her hand over her mouth as if to hide her shock. She looked at her husband, who's equally frightened face matched hers. 

"We have to stop this - person." she hesitated at the last part. 

"What do you mean? He looks like a ghost." Talia implored. 

"He's definitely a person. A ghost cannot use crystal magic, even with a human host." Izira reminded her. 

"She's right." my brother nodded at his wife, who smiled and kissed his cheek. Lyna shrugged her shoulders. 

"I still have my magic." Lyna said, holding up her ring. Weirdly enough, the street was deserted. 

"Izira, Jodan!" Iris squealed, as she ran to hug my brother and Izira. 

"You didn't see us?" Jodan asked, confused. 

"The windows were mistakenly put the wrong way. It was supposed to be like mirror windows, you know, the one's we have in interrogation rooms. But the window men put them on the wrong way." he shrugged. 

Izira laughed, still on the midst of danger. Jodan chuckled, and greeted Nathaniel with a smile. Nathaniel nodded, and Iris curtsied to Izira. 

"Iris, you're a princess," Izira complained, "we're practically family." 

"I'm not a princess anymore. I resigned. My parents are working on a replacement. They are going to select a new Queen for the land of Ephedia." 

Jodan shared a glance with Izira, and oddly enough, they looked worried. Although they were always supportive of me and my friends, I couldn't help but get the strange feeling that they didn't think that it was a good idea. 

My brother stammered, "Well, we should get going." 

Iris, Nathaniel, Dawn, Chandler, Talia, Lev, Carissa, Lyna, and I all slipped on our backpacks, ready for anything. 

Izira grimaced. 

"I need to tell you something, Talia." 

Talia looked so happy to be with her sister that she didn't even mind. 

"What?" 

Lyna tossed her ring to the floor, and we all jumped in, excited to return to Ephedia. I slid out of the tunnel. whooping and laughing. 

Dawn, Lyna, and Chandler, were already there, staring at the landscape. 

"No, no." Talia begged, as she slid out of the tunnel. 

Iris, then Nathaniel, Lev, Carissa, Izira, and Jodan followed. Izira and Jodan winced, then hung their heads in shame. 

"What happened?" she whispered.

"The Black Knight happened." Izira whispered back. 

Jodan and I clung to each other, each afraid what would happen next. Suddenly, Iris gasped. The Ephedian Palace was on fire, burning slowly to the ground. The neighs of worried horses started to get louder, and the screams of villagers were each their own. A loud, high pitched wail sounded throughout the kingdom, and Iris gasped, shaking her head, trying to tell herself that it wasn't true. 

We all turned to Izira and Jodan, who's tears were now running down their faces. 

"We came because we had no choice." Izira begged for our forgiveness.

"What do you mean?" Talia interrogated, her voice angry.

"He would have destroyed our children." she tried for forgiveness, but Talia refused. 

"Who forced you here?" I asked, tears streaming down my face. 

"The Black Knight." Jodan replied, his voice somber. His bleak voice matched the dull landscape. The land of Ephedia had lost its color. 

"Welcome to my realm, Royals," a voice rasped. We turned slowly, and were met by a man in a black hooded robe, a wispy trail of crystal dust behind his floating self. His mask covered half his face, the other covered by a tailored hood. 

I shrieked.

"Make yourselves at home."