Balance: Borealis

Nathaniel's POV 

"Well, Vega wouldn't have come back if she didn't need our help. I mean, we captured her." 

"What if her army is hiding in the trees? Waiting to pounce?" 

"Talia, you know her the best. What about you?" 

"I don't know her." Talia repeated with gritted teeth. 

I was watching over Vega, who seemed out of it. She was playing with a ball of light that she had conjured. 

"Lux Crystalli," she shouted. Another ball of light appeared in her other hand. 

She handed one to me, and I must admit, I enjoyed bouncing it between my hands before it finally clattered to the ground and burst into a bunch of glitter. 

"Nathaniel, are you okay?" Iris asked, her hand on my shoulder surprising me. 

"Of course," 

"Vega, do you know where the castle of Black Knight is?" 

"Unfortunately, I don't." she frowned. 

"We should check out the surviving knight of Ephedia." 

"He's in Borealis, right?" 

"Yep." 

"We should get going, then." 

"I'm coming with you." 

...

After at least several hours:

Talia demanded that she be in charge of navigating, so naturally, we let her.

We regretted our decision.

"Are we there yet?" Auriana groaned. 

The sun in Borealis was pretty hot, for a kingdom in the middle of the sea. Dawn had already thrown up twice when we were on the boat. And we thought Chandler had diarrhea. 

"I'm sure we're almost there soon." Talia reassured her. 

"That's what you said ten minutes ago!" Auriana complained. 

"The castle's right here!' Lyna shouted, pointing to an aqua blue castle in the heart of the kingdom.

"Oh, thank goodness!" Iris smiled in relief. 

Talia glared at her playfully. 

Vega didn't seem to mind. 

"So, Vega, what are you the princess of?" Lev sank into a chair and relaxed. 

"Light." she grinned, flashing a playful smile. 

"Naturally."  I muttered. 

"Queen Virdi! King Cinis!" a villager called. 

A man and a woman burst out of the drawbridge, drawing the attention of several citizens. Many fawned over her. Admirers crowded the square. Peasants bowed at their feet. They helped each citizen stand up, and patted them on the head. 

"Lyna!"

A wave of whispers was set over the crowd. 

"It's Princess Lyna! She's returned from planet Earth!" 

"I heard she ran away."

"She's SO unworthy of the crown." 

"What happened to her jewel?" 

These were all statement that I heard uttered by the citizens of Borealis. 

There was a girl in the middle of a crowd. She was beautiful as the morning sun, but nothing compared to my Iris.