Chapter 3

The next morning Ash woke up and felt around for Pikachu. He then remembered the things he said last night.

"What was I thinking?" He muttered to himself.

He looked over to Serena's bed and sighed.

"I was a real jerk last night." He muttered again.

Serena was sleeping with Pikachu curled up in her arms.

"Gou and Chloe are most likely awake." He said to himself. "I can go apologize to them and after Serena and Pikachu wake up I can apologize to them."

Ash nodded to himself and got up. He limped out of his room and into the cafeteria where he saw Gou and Chloe eating breakfast. He walked up feeling guilty and sat down.

"I-i just want to apologize for what happened yesterday." He said. "I was a real lunatic and I said some things that I did not mean. I feel awful."

Gou gave a chuckle.

"Believe it or not I got over it last night." He said. "Chloe is still upset at how you treated Serena and Pikachu. I am too but we all have our days."

Chloe rolled her eyes.

"It's in the past." Chloe said while shrugging.

Ash smiled and nodded.

"Thank you." Ash said.

Just then Serena wheeled around the corner with Pikachu on her head.

"Morning Gou and Chloe." She greeted. "Ash."

"Pika." Pikachu greeted.

"Listen you guys." Ash said. "I am so sorry! I said some awful things! I appolo-"

"Enough Ash!" Serena hissed. "This wont work like how it did in Snowbelle! You cant just do something awful then apologize the next minute! That's not how that works! Were not just kids anymore Ash! We are nearly adults! Sure you messed up a little but we are pretty young still! Mistakes are what make us who we are!"

And with that Serena and Pikachu wheeled themselves out of the hospital.

"I-i..." Ash stuttered in surprise.

Gou sighed.

"You need to do something to make her forgive you." He said. "A gift perhaps or some kind of gesture."

Chloe agreed.

"What does she like?" Chloe asked.

Ash though really hard.

"I think she likes the color pink." He said. "I am also pretty sure she likes clothing or flowers. Accessories maybe? I dont know! I only really got her a single gift and that's the blue ribbon you see her wear. I also have only bought gifts for my Pokemon. I have never shopped for anyone. I only got Serena a gift and even then it was a ribbon I won, not a gift I bought. And last time I went shopping for gifts for my Pokemon she was helping me!"

"That is a bit of a predicament." Gou sighed.

"Are you that dense?" Chloe asked Ash.

"Dense?" He asked. "What do you mean by that?"

Chloe chuckled and shook her head.

"Things go over your head all the time." Chloe said. "You dont really understand other people's feelings too much. You only care about battling and Pokemon. Sure you are selfless and help a lot, but understanding other peoples feeling is not your thing."

"Exactly Ash, you need to pay more attention to what you do and say due to other peoples feelings." Gou added.

"I-i..." Ash stuttered "I try my best! I just never really spent time with my mom so I never got these things explained to me."