Chapter 20

Charizard had just landed after a long, long flight to the Galar Region. Ash got off and helped Serena and Aurora off, then Gou helped Chloe.

"We are finally back in Galar Pikachu!" Ash shouted happily.

"Pika!" Pikachu responded.

"Ash, we are in the town of Turffield." Gou said. "Here you can have your first gym battle."

"Awesome, I have not had a gym battle in almost four years!" Ash exclaimed.

"But you were only gone for two years." Serena pointed out.

"Alola does not have gym's sadly." Ash responded.

Serena nodded and pulled out her phone for a map.

"The gym is over that way." She said as she pointed straight ahead.

*********************

Beginning of the battle

"This will be a two on two battle between Milo and Ash." The ref declared. "Battle begin!"

"Pikachu, I choose you!" Ash shouted.

Pikachu ran onto the field, sparking his cheeks.

"Gossifleur, come on out!" Milo exclaimed as he threw the Pokeball.

"Pikachu, Quick Attack into Iron Tail!" Ash commanded.

Pikachu launched forwards and used his momentum to make a super powerful Iron Tail attack. The attack hit causing Gossifleur to go flying threw the air and hitting the ground hard. Gossifleur slowly got up and took a battle stance.

"Gossifleur, use Leaf Storm!" Milo commanded.

"Pikachu, catch all those leaves using Electro Web, then attack using Thunderbolt!" Ash commanded calmly.

Pikachu formed an Electro Web that caught all the leaves and made them turn to dust. He then shot a massive Thunderbolt at his enemy effectively knocking it out.

"Gossifleur is unable to battle, Pikachu wins. Milo, send out your next Pokemon." The ref said.

"Pikachu, return." Ash commanded much to everybody's surprise.

"Eldegoss, I choose you and Dynamax!" Milo shouted.

Eldegoss grew ten times larger and let out a loud cry.  Ash looked unfazed.

"Squirtle, I choose you!" Ash exclaimed.

************

In the stands

"That was a bad move by Ash." Gou remarked.

"A first evolution water type against a Dynamaxed grass type, seems balanced enough." Chloe said sarcastically.

"Dont doubt my brother." Aurora said.

"I have seen Ash pull things off nobody ever has before." Serena added.

***********

In the arena

"Squirtle start off with Ice Punch!" Ash commanded.

Squirtle launched at Eldegoss and used Ice Punch. Even though it was a Dynamax, it visibly damaged it.

"Eldegoss, use Razor Leaf!" Milo commanded.

"Squirtle, use Skull Bash to break right through then attack using Brick Break!" Ash commanded quickly.

Squirtle effortless broke through and left a damaging hit on Eldegoss.