Chapter 22 Aaron to Mount Silver

Ash was alone in the woods, tossing Aura Spheres around. His mind was racing.

'Maybe when Dawn attacked Serena she was possessed?' He thought.  'But how would Team Rocket have possessed her? Odd.'

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he saw somebody jump at him from a bush. He sidestepped and punched them in the jaw. It was now clear that Calem had tried attacking Ash. Calem quickly got up and kicked Ash in the gut, causing him to double over in pain. Calem tackled Ash to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the face. Then a random Water Shuriken and Aura Sphere came and hit Calem in the side of the head, causing him to retreat. Ash was then helped up by a Greninja and a Lucario.

"What are you guys doing here?!" Ash asked.

"We sensed your stress, so I teleported us here." Lucario explained calmly. "Your welcome."

"We saved your butt, Ash." Greninja said.

"Does the Professor know you are here?!" Ash asked.

"I asked that Rotom in the Lab to tell him." Greninja answered.

"I will take that as a no..." Ash sighed.

They walked back to the cave in silence. Once they got back, Ash ordered his two Pokemon to sit down. They obeyed and looked up to see him pacing around.

"Master, what's wrong?" Lucario asked.

"Yeah Ash, you seem... stressed." Greninja added.

"I just had a bad dream." Ash responded.

"About what, Master? And dont bother saying none of our business because I can read you like a book." Lucario asked.

"Death, destruction, pain, agony... It all felt so real, as if it was real!" Ash explained.

"Have you considered it could be another Aura Vision?" Greninja asked.

"You are worried about losing the girl, arent you?" Lucario asked as well.

"I am worried about losing everybody, Lucario." Ash sighed. "I love Serena and I could not live without her, but... the worst part was watching Pikachu get shot off my shoulder, then his limp body spewing blood everywhere..."

"So you are worried about losing Pikachu." Lucario said.

"Makes sense, he is your best friend and has been your best friend for almost nine years." Greninja added. 

"Earlier I attacked Serena..." Ash sighed.

"The what do you huh wah?!" Greninja shouted in shock.

"I think Greninja means, why." Lucario chuckled.

"It was an accident." Ash said. "I was stressed and then she snuck up on me, so I grabbed her arm, twisted it and pinned her to the floor by her neck without even realizing it was her. I-i feel like I am losing control, like my mental state is decreasing every day."

"Have you talked to your mother about it?" Lucario asked.

Ash shook his head.

"If she found out, she would force me to come home and make me go to therapy. Truth be told, all I need is something to get my mind off of this chaos."

"How about a little training?" Greninja asked hopefully.

"We can all go for a twenty mile jog around the forest and make it back by six in the morning." Lucario added.

"Awesome!" Ash exclaimed.

*****************

6am Galar Region