Chapter 6 Broken Boy...

Ash made the decision to go back to his friends. He made it back to the Pokemon Center where he heard they were last. He slowly opened the door and looked around slowly. His eyes then got caught on Serena, Gou, Chloe, Pikachu and a Nurse Joy crowded around Sylveon. Pikachu heard a squeak from the door as it closed and he quickly turned his head. There he saw his best friend standing in a panicked daze.

"Pika! (Ash!)" Pikachu shouted as he ran over and jumped into his arms.

Ash hugged his friend and soon started to feel like people were staring at him. His suspicions were confirmed when he looked up and saw a fiery glare from Serena, A cold glare from Gou and Chloe and pained look from Sylveon. Serena pushed past the little crowd in front of her and ran to Ash. She then slammed the palm of her hand into his cheek which made a loud sound. Ash winced and held his cheek. Pikachu jumped up and defensively sparked his cheeks. He then released mass amounts of electricity in a wave towards Serena. Ash quickly pushed her out of the way and took the full blast. Once Pikachu realized he was hitting his friend he stopped and stood their shock. His trainer just got mistreated by someone and now he was protecting her. Ash read his thoughts through Aura.

"Pikachu its not her fault." Ash said. "I ran off for over a month and come back in out of nowhere. I expected something like that as soon as I read her Aura."

"(Pikachu? (What did her Aura read?)" Pikachu asked.

Ash then spoke through Aura.

"Her Aura read a gray color." Ash said telepathically to Pikachu. "She was feeling a mix of relieved, hatred, pain, grief and most of all anger."

Pikachu nodded and apologized in Pokespeak to Serena. She accepted as she knew why he did this. Just then from the table Sylveon gave a large cry of pain. Pikachu quickly jumped from Serena's head, to Gou's and then to Chloe's until he reached Sylveon. Just then Nurse Joy reached under the little towel Sylveon was under and pulled out an egg. Everyone congratulated Sylveon and Pikachu for the egg. Then they all turned their attention to Ash who was standing there awkwardly.

"Ketchum follow me." Serena said coldly.

"But what about Pikachu and Sylveon?" Ash asked.

"I said now!" Serena snapped.

Ash slowly followed her and on his way past Gou whispered into his ear.

"I dont think Yveltal could give more pain to you than what Serena is about to give you." Gou whispered. "And I dont mean physically."

Ash gave him a little glare but continued walking. Once they reached Serena's room she slammed the door behind him and snapped her fingers towards the chair. Ash did as instructed and sat down. Serena then took a seat on the end of her bed and faced him.

"I am going to cut right to the chase." Serena said. "What is wrong with you!?"

Ash looked down and sighed.

"Unimportant." Ash responded.

Serena scoffed.

"It must be something if you have to run off for over a month!" She shouted.

"Please dont pressure me right now..." Ash sighed.

"Or what?" Serena asked in a mocking tone. "Your gonna run off again?"

Ash looked up to her and chuckled mockingly.

"Says the girl who cut her hair and changed who she was just because she failed in her showcase." Ash mocked back.

Serena gave him a glare which Ash returned.

"What is wrong with you?!" Serena asked once again.

"What is wrong with you?!" Ash asked back. "I said I dont want to be pressured! I have my reasons!"

Serena gave him another smack across the face.

"What reasons?!" Serena pleaded for an answer.

"I can just show you." Ash sighed.

He then concentrated on Serena's mind. He then played his memory of the Aura Nightmare to her.

"So you ran off because you had that dream?" Serena asked.

Ash sighed.

"It was an Aura Vision." Ash explained. "Great danger is coming, so I though if I ran away they would come for me instead of you guys. I learnt yesterday from Pikachu I should never have left..."

Serena scoffed again.

"You got that right." She muttered. "I cant with you right now."

Ash sighed.

"Feel free to join us again Ash, but dont expect me to not stop hating you any time soon..." Serena said.

That made Ash's heart shatter. He felt like a flock of Beedrill had just injected him in the heart millions of times. He saw Serena storm off and that made him feel distant. Distant from all happiness in life. The light of his life was now gone...

"You really screwed up this time Ash." Ash muttered to himself.

He felt hot tears come down each side of his face. Ash then rummaged through his bag and grabbed a stack of photo's... Each one held an important memories from his journeys. In the first stack was a picture of Ash, Brock and Misty outside the Kanto League Stadium. The next one was more of the same except with Johto. Next he looked at a photo from Hoenn Him, Brock, May and Max were at the League Stadium and so on. Ash finally reached for his last photo. It was a picture of them Him, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, Pikachu and Braixen who at the time was a Fenniken filming Serena's Pokevision video. Ash smiled at the photo.

'I cant believe I ran off like that.' Ash thought to himself. 'I have a better chance at protecting them by staying close to them. I am such a no good, Magicarp faced Gulpin...'

Will Ash ever be the same again?

Will he be forgiven?

And more importantly, will he be able to ignite the flame of Amour?