Chapter 4 Forgive and Forget

Ash and Serena's eyes met. He saw her angry and worried face. She ran at him and quickly embraced him in a hug. Ash was taken back by the sudden outburst but hugged back.

"Thank Arceus you are alright." Serena whispered into his ear.

"Chaaa." Pikachu agreed.

Ash was confused as all can be.

"Why were you worried?" Ash asked.

Serena released the hug and let Pikachu jump to Ash.

"This morning when we came back into the cafeteria for some breakfast we noticed you were not there." Serena explained. "We also noticed your wheelchair was still in our room so we got extra worried. We asked Gou and Chloe whether they had seen recently but they said they had no clue where you were. I thought you ran away because of my actions this morning. I thought you hated me."

Serena had visible tears in her eyes and Ash felt his heart shatter for some odd reason.

"You could stomp and stab my heart a million times and I could never hate you." Ash said. "I have a reason why I left. I can just show both of you actually since you guys are right here."

Ash reached into his pocket and pulled out the dragon scale locket with the engraving 'Iron Tail Pikachu'. He held it in front of Serena. She looked just as confused as a newborn Psyduck. Ash nodded towards the locket and started holding it closer to Serena.

"I-i..." Serena stuttered in amazement. "I cant take it."

Ash chuckled.

"I paid 800 Pokedollars for it so you better take it." Ash said.

Serena looked bewildered by what he just said. She slowly reached her hand out to grab it. Her hand brushed against his hand when she picked it up. She examined it closely.

"Is it a locket?" She asked.

Ash chuckled and nodded.

"You can put a photo or a trinket of some kind in it." Ash explained. "In fact I have a photo of us you might want to put in it."

"Is that?" Serena asked

Ash chuckled.

"It's the picture we took on my last day in Kalos." Ash said. "I took you and Clemont by surprise when I grabbed you two for the photo didn't I?"

Serena chuckled as she remembered the memory.

"That was the happiest and saddest day of my life." She sighed.

"Why sad?" Ash asked.

Serena chuckled nervously trying to come up with an excuse.

"I-it w-was because I-i had to l-leave You, Bonnie and Clemont behind that day." Serena thought of quickly.

Ash chuckled.

"Dont tell anyone." Ash said. "But that journey was the best in my opinion."

Serena chuckled too and made a zipper motion over her lips.

"Thank you for the locket Ash." Serena sighed.

Ash gave her a hug which she quickly returned. Ash then put Pikachu on the ground.

"Pikachu do you remember when for Christmas that one year you wanted that treadmill thing?" Ash asked.

Pikachu nodded.

"At the time I did not have enough money to buy it but today..." 

Ash reached into his bag quickly and pulled out the mini treadmill.

"Merry early or late Christmas buddy!" Ash exclaimed as he gave the mini treadmill to Pikachu.

"Pika!" Pikachu shouted happily as he jumped for joy.

"Now you can train your speed with ease!" Ash exclaimed happily.

Pikachu jumped and gave his best friend a hug. Serena joined the hug and squeezed Ash tightly. But for some strange reason Ash felt his face heat up. He felt like all his problems had faded away. He also had the feeling of a flock of Butterfree in his stomach.

'Am I getting sick?' He thought to himself. 'I cant be. I can ask Gou about my feelings recently. He would know.'

But little did they know that around the next corner a young couple was watching them

"Faze one of Amourshipping is complete." Chloe said.

"Why is it called that?" Gou asked.

Chloe rolled her eyes.

"Because Amour means Love in French dimwatt." Chloe explained.  "And the native language of Kalos is French."

Gou nodded.

***********************************

Back with Ash, Serena and Pikachu

"I have to go talk to Gou about something." Ash said. "See you at dinner?"

Serena nodded.

"Pikachu stay with Serena." Ash said.

Pikachu nodded and leapt onto Serena's head. Ash gave one last wave and went to see Gou. He never expected to see Gou and Chloe to be right around the corner though.

"Hey Gou, can I talk to you?" Ash asked.

Gou nodded and waved for Ash to follow him into the guest room him and Chloe had been staying in. Ash and Gou walked in.

"So what do you need?" Gou asked.

"You see." Ash started. "I have been feeling odd lately. Everytime I am near Serena I feel my face get hot. I feel happy but nervous everytime I am near her! I have traveled with girls for over 6 years now but not once have I felt like this. Am I getting sick?"

Gou chuckled.

"From what you have told me it seems you have a case of the lovie dovie's." Gou teased. "I feel the same way around Chloe. I love Chloe and I feel the same way when around her."

Ash was surprised.

"Like how I love my mom or Pikachu?" Ash asked.

Gou shook his head.

"You love her as in you want to always be with her. You want to marry her. You might even want to have kids with her." Gou explained.

"I sort of understand now." Ash said. "Should I tell her?"

Gou made an 'are you delusional' kind of face.

"Of course you should!" Gou shouted. "Tell you what. Chloe and I shall give you two some space. I will even train your Pokemon down at the park if you need. Chloe can work with Serena's too."

Ash smiled and nodded.

'Tonight it is then...' Ash thought to himself.