Chapter 27 Only The Beginning

Ash was trying to calm Serena down, since she was still sobbing.

"Why do you keep running away?!" She whimpered.

Ash thought for a moment. He could find no reason why he ran away other than he was scared.

"Its because I am scared." He finally answered.

"Why are you scared?" Serena asked softly.

"Everywhere I go, trouble follows. No matter how many times I beat them, they come back. And they started putting you guys in danger, so because they follow me everywhere, I decided to run and lead them away from you guys." Ash responded.

"But obviously that did not work, now did it?!" A female shouted angrily.

"Ash, listen." Misty said. "Some kind of strange wormhole appeared and started shooting buildings and people out of it!"

"Is my mom alright?!" Ash shouted.

"I dont know..." Misty sighed.

Ash pushed Serena off of him and sprinted towards the battlefield. Once he got through the doors, he was instantly held at gunpoint by many Team Rocket grunts.

"Hands up!" One commanded.

Ash slowly raised his hands up into the air and lowered himself to his knees.

Back down the hall, Serena sensed something through her Psychic abilities.

"Oh Sharpedo." She muttered to herself.

Back with Ash, he was now in handcuffs and had a gun pointed to his head. He was being escorted to Giovanni, Calem and Lysandre. But Ash son noticed that his mother was also being held at gunpoint by Giovanni. Ash felt his adrenaline pump harder than ever. He tried breaking the cuffs on one of the grunts' head, however once he hit the grunt he was forcefully pushed to his knees in front of Giovanni.

"My oh my, what do we have here?" Giovanni taunted. "My son sure is a fighter, however it seems like he is going up against a Flying Type."

"Now just comply with us and we will spare your mother, however you and your girlfriend will be experimented on so we can figure out how to take your powers." Lysandre snickered.

"I dont even think Serena loves him anymore, not after he abandoned her" Calem laughed.

Ash shot his head up at Calem and tried pulling free from the grunts grip, but Giovanni nodded towards the handgun, which made Ash stop resisting.

"Ash..." Delia said softly. "Dont be afraid... Dont you remember how much you have been through and how many times you never gave up? I am just a single soul, whereas the whole universe is in danger. The future of the world is in your hands. Now Ash, are you going to step up, or are you going to lose all hope just because I am gone? Do it Ash! Stand up! Its what is right! Be brave and get ready to fight!"

"But mom, I cant live without you!" Ash cried out.

Delia shook her head and smiled softly.

"Dont forget to change your underwear, every single day..."

Giovanni pulled the trigger, causing Ash to cry out in despair. Ash watched as Delia's dead body fell to the floor with a thud...

"Sorry to leave you in this mess son, but we best be going." Giovanni snickered.

Ash broke the handcuffs and punched the grunt who was holding him.

"Get back here!" Ash roared as Aura surrounded him.

Ash tried running at Giovanni, but he was held back by his friends and Pokemon.

"Ash, calm down!" Aurora shouted.