Chapter 25

Ash flinched slightly when he heard the voice. Ash felt around his face and found his mask is off.

"Listen Gary, I-i..." Ash started.

"Calm down Ashy-Boy, I am the only one who saw you because Pikachu clung to your face until everybody left." Gary said. "Besides, I already had a hunch. And I am pretty sure Kukui, Burnet, those Alolan Kids, Clemont and Bonnie also are putting the pieces together. Either way, how long are you gonna be a masked vigilante? Are you like Crobat Man or sommen?"

"How did you only manage to see me?" Ash asked.

"Ya see, I was at the food stand behind the glass wall behind you." Gary explained. "Once ya fell backwards your mask fell off and I could see you clear as day. Ya shoulda put some tape on it, I recommend glitter tape, it suits you better than that weird hood."

"So uhh..." Ash chuckled. "How has Serena been?"

"Harsh, ignoring my feelings, I thought you loved me." Gary sighed.

"Gary..." Ash muttered angrily.

"Serena has been better." Gary sighed sadly. "Honestly, she could be a lot happier. She visited your Pokemon lots, until the tournament started and we got news that all of your Pokemon were taken from the lab."

Ash scratched the back of his head while chuckling nervously. Realization the his Gary harder than a Hyper Beam.

"YOU BROKE INTO THE LAB AND STOLE YOUR POKEMON?!? You really are like Crobat Man, breaking rules to ensure you always win!"

"Listen Gare-Bear, you can not tell anybody about this encounter!" Ash commanded.

"When are you gonna come back out to Serena?" Gary asked.

"When I can or need to." Ash spat.

"When are you going to realize we are not just helpless little Ducklet in a hurricane, we can help you with whatever you are going through." Gary shot back.

"Gary, listen." Ash commanded fiercely. "I am doing this to protect this world from devastation!"

"What about uniting all peoples within our nation?!"

************************

In a condo on the island

"A-A-ACHOOO!!" Jessie sneezed.

"Dang twerps talking about us again!" James growled.

*******

"Listen Gary, I cant just keep dragging people into trouble!" Ash yelled.

"And I have never been dragged into your troubles, I want to be included too!" Gary pouted.

"Wanna be dragged in?!" Ash asked snottily. "Fine, just get yourself a father named Giovanni and boom! Easy!"

Gary stayed silent this time. He was in pure shock.

"B-by the way Ashy-Boy, your injuries caused you to black out so take it easy for a little, Gary's orders."

"How many other people got hurt in the blast?" Ash asked.

"Also counting the deceased?" Gary asked back.

Ash nodded.

"Two deaths, one was a child and the other was his mother. Fifteen critical conditions and around fifty others got cut and bruised."

"D-did Serena get hurt?" Ash asked shakily.

"Take a look for yourself." Gary said as he pointed out of the window and into another room.

Serena lied there, out cold with a large bandage over her forehead. Her arm was also in a cast. Ash tried getting up and running to her aid, but he was stopped by Gary. Gary then pointed down the halls into many other rooms. Bonnie was seen comforting Dedenne, Misty was asleep in a hospital bed, Clemont was trying to calm Max down, Brock was assisting Dawn and May was muttering angrily under her breath.

"I told you that fifteen people were in critical condition, that included our friends." Gary said. "Earlier it was confirmed that Serena was in a coma. Your chest was cracked and you almost bled out. Serena was flung backwards during the shockwave and got hit by debris from the roof, chairs and a few people trampled her in a panic."

"What have I done?" Ash asked himself.

"The best thing you can do right now is reveal yourself to the others before it is too late." Gary said.

"What do you mean too late?" Ash asked.

"Do you think they find a point in living without you?" Gary asked. "They thrived off of your energy and happiness. Your motivation kept them going! But now... they see no rainbow after the storm. Except the storm they are recovering from lacked that thunder and lighting. Instead it was just non stop rain and hail."

"What is the thunder and lighting?" Ash asked, feeling genuinely confused. "Is it Pikachu?"

Gary sighed.

"You will only find the shocking truth once you need it most..."

"But I need it now!" Ash shouted.

"Then look in a mirror and think, 'What is the truth?' and keep looking at your face." Gary instructed. "Now come on man, lets get you warmed up for your next battle."

"Why do I need a warm up?" Ash pouted.

"Because your next battle is against Iris." Gary chuckled.

Ash felt offended.

"You dont think can take down a few dragons?!" He asked.

"Exactly." Gary said. "The key word is DRAGON! They are not some stupid mouse that shoots electricity."

Gary then realized what he had said.

"What did you say?" Ash asked through clenched teeth as he balled his hand into a fist. "At least my partner is not some water turtle who lost to a fire type!"

"Take that back!" Gary snapped.

"No!" Ash snapped back.

Gary took a step forward and pushed Ash. In return Ash pushed Gary. Soon they were full on bear wrestling each other around the room, knocking stuff over, pushing things around and breaking bottles.

"I hate you Gary!" Ash roared in anger as he punched him in the face.

"I will burn you into nothing but ash!" Gary shot back as he tackled Ash to the ground.

Eventually the two boys separated and glared at each other.

"Anyways, wanna get something to eat?" Ash asked with a smile.

"Yeah!" Gary agreed with a grin.

"I will meet you at Moo Moo Milk Land, I am just going to check on Serena." Ash said.

Gary nodded and left Ash. Ash went into Serena's room and took a seat next to her bed. He took her hand in his and kissed it.

"Hey Serena, I-I dont know if you can hear me, but if you can, it would be really great for you to wake up." Ash said. "I know this is my fault. If I had not been as reckless as I was, maybe everybody would be alright. I made a mistake by leaving, and now you are in a coma for who knows how long?! I am sorry... I am so, so sorry! Please, wake up soon... I love you Sere. I love you very, very much. Use your Psychic powers and just wake up! I dont care if you are angry, I just want to know that you are okay... Part of me wonders whether I deserve somebody so perfect."

Ash said the last part with a chuckle. Ash planted one last kiss on her lips and put on his mask and left. Suddenly, Serena's hand twitched and her lips moved slightly.

"Ashy..."