Prologue

Michelle Fray is the 19-year old sister of Clarissa 'Clary' Fray. On Clary's 18th birthday, Clary goes to the pandemonium. Michelle didn't want to intrude on her little sister's special night so she decided to stay with one of her friends. While Clary was at pandemonium she ran into Jace.

After interrupting him, Alec and Isabelle while they were fighting demons, she sparked their interest. Especially when Alec and Jace smelled their mate on her.

Shadowhunters have mates and it's common for parabatai to share a mate. Shadowhunters can identify their mate by  scent, touch and by looking at them.

Jace and Alec have been waiting for their mate for 5 years already. When a shadowhunter turns 18 they will be able to find their mate. Jace and Alec hadn't had any luck till that faithful night, when they met someone that had the faint smell of their mate on her. Unfortunately for them she had ran away. Fast.

Unfortunately for Clary that was not the weirdest thing that happened that night. Luckily for her, Jace and Alec had followed her to see if they could talk and get closer to finding their mate. So when Clary was attacked by a demon that pretended to be Dot, the boys had saved her and had taken her back to the New York institute. And that's where the story begins.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.