Chapter 11

Before Michelle could even think of a response, seeing how flustered she was, Izzy walked in and told the trio that they should be heading out soon for the meeting with Magnus. Michelle took her chance and quickly skipped towards the long haired Lightwood while still sporting a bit of a blush. "What happened here?" Izzy smirked, while asking her future sister-in-law. "Nothing" Michelle quickly replied, before pulling the raven haired beauty with her towards the doors, making Alec and Jace smirk towards each other. They were definitely growing on her.

Quickly going into shadowhunter mode, Jace told Alec and Izzy to check the perimeter while he stayed with Michelle and Clary while keeping watch. Receiving the all clear from the Lightwood sibling, Jace felt a bit more at ease and casually wandered over to Michelle to put an arm around her waist. "Hey babe" he said, while kissing her temple making Michelle a bit confused as she had not been away from him. As soon as she saw the looks other males were giving her, she understood his actions. Did she fully agree with them? No. But she had to admit, it was kinda hot that he was a bit jealous. 

Entering the downworlder rave, Alec told Michelle to stick with Jace while he went to higher grounds to keep an eye on everything. Seeing that everyone was dancing, Michelle asked Jace to dance with her. "We first need to find Magnus" was his first response, but after taking another look at the dress she was wearing as well as her puppy dog eyes, he caved and allowed her to pull him towards the dance floor while Izzy and Clary went to look for Magnus.

The dancing became heated fairly quick and soon the pair was having a heated make-out session just as she had with Alec in their room. Before things could go too far, Michelle reminded Jace that they were in public and were here on a mission. Groaning a bit, he admitted she was right and pulled back so that they could look for Magnus as well. Magnus, however, had already been spotted by Clary and Izzy and was offering Clary his protection at his lair. "Michelle Fray, you have turned into an exceptionally beautiful young woman. It would be a shame if you were harmed in any way. Could I offer you my protection along with your sister's?" Magnus tried, seeing as Michelle was the older Fray-sibling and probably had some sway over her little sister's decisions. He did not expect Jace to answer his question for her. "Back off of my mate, warlock" he defensively said, which made Magnus connect the dots. 

Michelle Fray was the soulmate to Alec Lightwood and Jace Wayland. Michelle Fray did not have any memories of the shadow world, therefore Michelle does not feel the bond as strongly as Jace and Alec. That is why they have not completed the bond which would have made Jace and Alec a bit less defensive as she would bare their mark. It would do nothing for their protectiveness though. He was walking on thin ice by complimenting her and offering her his protection while her mates were definitely providing enough of that so he decided to cut his visit short and rush away before Wayland and Lightwood would lash out at him. That was right on time as a circle member just attempted to assassinate Magnus before he disappeared. Luckily for Magnus, Alec had shot him with an arrow, successfully stopping the attempt and giving Magnus a clear window to leave.

"What just happened?" Michelle asked, seeing as everything went really quick. Alec and Jace were however checking her over for injuries so they didn't respond to her question immediately. "Alec, Jace?" Michelle asked again, successfully interrupting the whisperings between Alec and Jace about how they should have left her at home to keep her out of danger. "Are you okay?" Alec decided to ask instead of answering her question. "Yeah, you shot him before anything could happen, but we lost Magnus. What do we do now?" "Magnus is never going to come out now" Izzy added, before Clary said "our memories will be lost forever". That caught Jace's attention as Clary was holding a button from Magnus' shirt. Smirking at his soulmate he said to Clary "you give up way to easy" before trying to track Magnus.

"It's not working. Alec, princess, I need you to help me" Jace said, making Michelle look at him questionably seeing as she had no idea how to track someone. "What do you need me for?" She asked, confused. "You are our strength, princess, and we need strength to track Magnus" Jace explained to her while holding both hers and Alec's hands to try and track Magnus. 

"Got him" Alec said after a couple of minutes. "Does it usually take that long?" Michelle asked him, making Alec reply while smirking "we had him after 10 seconds but we didn't want to let go of your hand just yet"