Chapter 9

"Wait, really?" Michelle asked her little sister. "Yeah, it came to me in a dream and-" "Who was it, Clare?" "Magnus Bane. Do you know who that is?" Clary asked Jace and Alec this time. "Magnus is the high warlock of Brooklyn. He would have the power to do it." Jace stated. This made Alec say "Good job, Clary. Get Izzy and meet us at the-" "The mundane is leaving" Izzy said, barging into the kitchen. "What?" Clary and Michelle asked at the same time. "Simon, he wants to leave" she explained, making Michelle say "I'll talk to him" before following Izzy to wherever Simon was, to Jace's and Alec's dismay. 

"Soooo, I heard Michelle spent the night in your room" Clary stated, looking at the boys with a suggestive look, trying to make them feel a bit better that Michelle left them to go talk to Simon. "She did-" Jace started saying proudly before he heard a screaming match coming from where Izzy and Michelle walked off to, making him, Clary and Alec quickly follow the noise. 

"YOU HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THOSE GUYS MICHELLE. YOU NEED TO COME WITH ME. I CAN KEEP YOU SAFE" "SIMON, WHAT THE HECK! GET OFF ME!" was what they heard when they entered the main hall. What Jace and Alec saw was definitely not a good sight. Their mate was being pulled by her arm towards the main doors while she was struggling to get out of Simon's grip. This made Alec immediately grab Simon and slam him against a wall "You don't touch my mate. Do you understand?" he said in a quiet, threatening tone that honestly almost made Simon pee his pants. "Alec, can you please let him down?" Michelle kindly asked him, making said boy look at her like she grew three heads. "But he-" "I know and thank you for helping me, but he seems scared shitless. I think you've made your point. Let him down" Michelle said from behind Jace, who did not want her to even look at Simon, while she was holding onto Clary. Alec let Simon down, before walking over to Michelle and giving her a loving kiss on her temple. Now it was Jace's turn to yell at Simon "You can leave all you want, but never, and I am serious, never take my mate from me if she doesn't want to. Next time I'll make sure you won't even be able to touch her." Jace threatened the boy, making him nod slightly and scamper away, out of the doors. 

"I almost convinced him to stay" Michelle protested, pouting. "Sorry babe. We'll make it up to you later" Jace said, coming over to kiss her head. "Aren't you adorable" Izzy said from her position near the wall. "Why did you let him touch her, Iz?" Alec asked, a bit annoyed that his sister was not there to protect his mate. "I asked her to let me speak to him in private" Michelle said, before Izzy added "as soon as the screaming match started, I came back but you were already threatening the guy when I came here. Sorry.". Alec let out a huff before saying "don't apologize, Iz. I'm sorry. I was just worried for Michelle" "It's alright, Alec. I would be worried too if it was my mate" Izzy said, comforting him a bit.

"Okay, so back to Magnus Bane. Where are we going to find him?" Jace asked, after guiding Michelle towards the control room and pulling her on his lap after he sat down. He was softly stroking her arm just to assure himself she was still there with him. 

"Did you say Magnus Bane?"