Chapter 3

"I'm your what?!" "You're my soulmate. And also Jace's" "what does that even mean?" "It means you were made for us and that I'm not letting you put yourself in danger!"

While Alec said that last sentence, Clary, Izzy and Jace had come back to the van. "Woah, babe, what's going on?" Jace asked when he saw that his mate was mad. "What's wrong? You seriously have the guts to ask me what the fuck is wrong? You went behind my back and took my little sister into the city of bones, an, as I understood, extremely dangerous place. And if that's not bad enough, you and he claim that I'm your soulmate?" She yelled at him. "Calm down, babe, we can talk about this." "I don't have anything to say to you. Where's Simon, Clare?"

Seeing how extremely pissed her sister was, Clary immediately answered that he was taken by a group of vampires. Not believing a word she was saying, Michelle was done. "You know what? I'm done. I'm so done. I'm gonna go back to Emily's and I'm gonna drink this whole fucking day away. This is all ridiculous." She yelled before walking off in what she thought would be the direction of Emily's.

Jace and Alec weren't letting her go that easily though. Grabbing her arm and spinning her around Michelle came face to face with Alec, who had his arms crossed, and Jace, who was still holding her arm. "As Alec already said, babe, we're not letting you go." "Stop calling me babe! I'm not your babe, I'm not your anything!" She saw both boys' eyes darken at that statement before Jace said "oh but you are ours. You are our soulmate and sooner or later you're gonna accept that. That automatically means you're ours, babe." "That's bullshit. I'm not gonna accept anything. Now let go of me." "We're not going to let you go, princess. It's way too dangerous." Alec said this time while Jace was carefully dragging Michelle to the car by the arm he still held. "I'm not going with you, let go of me, assholes" "Alec, can you?" Jace asked. Alec immediately got into action and picked his girl up and put her over his shoulder. "What the hell? Let's me go!" Alec wasn't affected by her trying to get out of his grip. The words she called them and the fact that she said she wouldn't accept that they were soulmates did hurt him. But, he had to remind himself that she doesn't know about their world or soulmates. Sooner or later the bond will affect her too and they will live happily ever after.

Alec carried Michelle back to the van where he put her next to Jace and boxed her in on the other side. Clary was in the driver's seat seeing as Simon was taken. Looking back at her fuming sister, Clary sighed a little. Jace had explained everything to her when they were down in the city of bones and she felt a bit bad for the guys. Of course she also felt bad for her fuming sister but as she had understood, Jace and Alec would never ever hurt her or let her get hurt which would mean one less thing to worry about for Clary.

Arriving back at the institute, Clary asked her sister if she could stay in the car for a talk. Jace and Alec didn't really want to leave her but Jace hoped that, after their talk in the city of bones, Clary would be able to get through to her sister. They stepped out of the car and waited for their mate in front of the doors while she talked with her little sister.

"Michelle, I know it all sounds weird, but they are your soulmates." "Really Clary? You too?" "M, look, Jace told me some things while we were in the city of bones" "I don't care, Clary. I don't want this, any of this. I just want to go back to the way things were, chilling around with Emily while making fun of some reality show." "I know, M, but first we need to get Simon back. Could you please just help me with that? If you still want to leave after that, I won't stop you" "okay, fine. But Jace and Alec need to back off." "Shouldn't you give them a chance?" "No" "M" "no" "really? What if soulmates are real like they told us. Wouldn't you want to live happily ever after with them?" "I-" Michelle was cut off as a circle member suddenly was stood next to her window. She screamed her head off. "Clary and Michelle Fairchild" he said while slamming on the windows of the van.

Jace and Alec were rushing towards the van after hearing Michelle scream and saw the circle member scaring the living daylights out of her. They quickly handled the circle member and turned to the two terrified girls. "He's gone but it's better if we go back inside." Jace told them. Clary opened the car doors so the girls could get out. Alec immediately asked Michelle if she was alright. "I'm fine. Freaked out, but fine." She told him in response. "Come on, let's go inside." He told her while guiding her towards the institute by having his hand on the small of her back. "Thank you" she told him quietly. "Anytime, princess." He said, his eyes softening when landing on her.