(Chapter 5) Falling

(Your P.O.V.) A week has passed since the last chapter

"So, how's your morning so far?" Frisk asked me on our way to school. I shrugged a bit. "The usual. Two guys at the orphanage had a fight, but that's almost the daily routine." She gave me a concerned look. "Is it so bad there?" I heard Chara asking from my right. "I can't tell, I've been there for so long that I got used to it."

"How... long have you been there?" She asked tenderly and I let a sad laugh. "For a long time. I'll give you a hint. I'm alone since I'm in this world." Her jaw dropped slightly. "Wow, so you never had a person that cared for you?" I nodded. "Oh wow. That's... rough." Frisk said to my left. Then we heard a voice calling us.

"heya!" Sans greeted us at a corner and we went over to him. "Hi Sans." Frisk greeted him. "so howzit going? you're on your way to school, right?" Sans asked, we nodded.

"Yeah, that's why we can't chat for long," Chara said next to me. "hehe, I know." He replied. "but i wanted to know one thing. is it true that you gave undyne a beat-up?" He turned to me. I uncomfortable rubbed the back of my head or my of my hood which had on. "Yeah, how is she?" I asked concerned. Please let her be fine!

"eh, she's alright. walked it off i guess." I let out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad to hear that. When you should see her again please tell her that I'm still sorry, ok?" I asked him. "sure, can do. anyway, i'm outta here. see ya all." And he walked off.

"You're still concerned about Undyne?" Chara asked me and I nodded again. "I just wanted to make sure she's fine." And it was true if she wouldn't get well on her own I would have to fix it myself, and in a way no one would notice since it would be way too obvious.

I looked up into the clouds, seems like it's going to rain today.

~Later~

"Huh, seems like they all left." Frisk looked through the classroom. We were supposed to have a break and go all outside but my prediction was correct. One hour or so ago it started raining very heavily so only a few students were actually outside, the others were scattered around the school. Only the three of us have stayed in the classroom on the 2. floor.

"What's going on the sports ground?" Chara asked and hanged out of the open window and looked to the right.

Again for reference:

"Hey (Y/N), can I ask you something?" Frisk spoke to my right and I turned to her

"Hey (Y/N), can I ask you something?" Frisk spoke to my right and I turned to her. "Well, you already did but sure." She laughed a bit. "How were you able to compete with Undyne? I mean yeah you've fought before. But some school bullies are nothing compared to Undyne." I bit my bottom lip a bit.

"I... I honestly don't know. It's natural, an instinct, or something. I was born with this, I noticed in my first fight that I knew exactly how to defend myself. But I can't explain it either." It wasn't the full truth but not a full lie either. I really didn't know why I had this fighting instinct, just the theory that comes from my origin.