(Chapter 13) A new dawn

(Your P.O.V.)

I hesitated a bit when I laid my hand on the knob of my room's door. It's still some sort of unbelievable how... well she reacted. Not disgusted or... ok, no she was a bit scared which I think I can understand. I took a deep breath then opened the door and stepped outside but to my surprise, I wasn't alone...

"Oh, (Y/N)." Frisk and Chara sat in the living room. And it seemed like they were waiting for me.
"You are already awake?" I asked while going down the stairs. It is quite early. "Yeah, I figured it would be best so that we can... talk a bit," Chara said a bit nervous. I looked at Frisk who was staring at me like she was waiting for something to happen. It does make it somewhat uncomfortable.

"Yes, you're right. Should we go somewhere nicer?" I asked unsurely. "Yeah, sure," Frisk replied. We all went to the front door and went outside. It was still dawn, I took a few steps ahead and tried to calm myself. "They don't hate you. They don't hate you..." I talked to myself mentally. Then I heard the door closing so I turned around again.

"Alright then, let's go." I walked to them and already raised my hands to grab their shoulders but they stepped a bit back and Frisk raised her hands. "Whoa, what are you doing?" She asked nervously.

"Uh, I thought I could speed things up by flying." Her jaw dropped slightly. "Flying!?" Chara asked dumbfounded. "Well, these wings do have a purpose you know?" I tried to make a joke which seemed to have worked since she laughed a bit.

"Um, but you know... I'm kinda afraid of heights." Frisk said embarrassed. "Don't worry, you won't even notice it, trust me." I reached out my hands again. They hesitated but then stepped forward. I grabbed both their shoulders tightly then flew to the edge of the forest, a few kilometers away from the city.

But as soon as we landed and I let go of them, Frisk propped up on her knees while Chara leaned against a nearby tree. "Uhhhh, shit I think I'm gonna throw up," Chara grunted. "What was that?" Frisk slowly straightened up. "We flew. I'm sorry, I didn't know it's so unpleasant to you two, sorry."

"Next time a bit slower maybe, thank you." Chara also recovered. "Again, I'm sorry. I should've told you that my flying skills aren't quite the best since everything I am capable of is self-taught." Chara gestured a bit around. "Yeah, yeah. Now let's get to the point of why we're here."

"Yes! Wings!" Frisk spoke cheerfully to my right. I gave her a questioning look. "Yes, Frisk is quite excited to see them. I had to keep her from barging into your room this morning." Chara laughed a bit, me as well. "Well, here goes nothing." I took a few steps away. Then took a deep breath before unfurling my wings visible to them with a quick movement.

Frisk's jaw immediately dropped down and Chara stared a bit in fascination. "Wow..." Frisk was almost speechless. "Heh, not quite what you expected, huh?" She probably...
"What do you mean?" Chara asked confused. "I mean like what did you expect to see?"

"Well, I expected just these typical bright white angel wings, but yours are..." Frisk spoke. "I know they're not pretty, that's why was even more afraid to show them yesterday." Chara snored in disbelief. "I think they're beautiful." Then she gave me a gentle smile.

"W-what? Really?" I asked surprised. "I think they fit you." She gave me a wink. "But why are they like this?" I shrugged on that. "I don't know. I can only assume that the black color comes from this outcast status. And the golden one comes from the fact that my father's Gabriel, since his wings are purely golden."

"Frisk, you still there?" Chara turned to her dumbfounded sister. "Yeah, I'm still... We really have an angel as our friend!" I awkwardly rubbed the back of my head. "But I have a question now. What gave it away that something's not normal with me?" I asked while sitting down into the grass and I let my wings lay on the soft grass too. They sat down in front of me now.