(Chapter 14) Getting used to it

(Chara's P.O.V.)

"Damm, he's taking his time today," Frisk exclaimed during breakfast. (Y/N) usually gets up way earlier. "I think I'm gonna check on him. Even though, what could happen to him?" Frisk raised an eyebrow. "Is that a rhetorical question?" I laughed a bit and went upstairs.

I carefully opened his room door and peeked inside. "You serious?" I thought while I got inside. He laid on his bed, still sleeping but he laid on top of his blanket, instead he covered himself with one of his wings. I carefully came closer and kneeled down to him.

And his wings... I didn't got to look at them so up-close. They seem so smooth, the golden feathers within the black color slightly shined out. I slowly reached out with my hand and was about to touch them but held myself back in time. "No, he wouldn't like this." I thought. Time for him to wake up tho.

"Hey, sleepy." I poked his cheek and he opened his eyes. "Good morning." He smiled at me. "You're living quite risky you know? What would've happened if mom came in and not me?" He chuckled while getting up.

"I would've noticed that. I can feel souls you know? So I would've felt if a monster soul entered and not half a human soul." He explained. "I can also see souls if I focus enough." He got up and within in a blink of an eye he folded his wings back together and they disappeared.

"Still not used to seeing them?" He noticed I was staring. "Yeah," I replied honestly. "I see. It's a bit sad though that I still have to hide so much because of... you know." He gestured to the door. "Mom? Yeah, not sure how she would react."

"And that's why I think to wait with telling her for a bit. At least long enough for you two to get used to it." Then a thought pooped up in my head. "How about we tell her today?" He stared at me perplexed. "Haven't you heard what I just said?"

"I mean, if she knows it, you can show yourself more often. And if you can show yourself more often then we can get used to it faster, makes sense doesn't it?" I'm a genius. He frowned a bit and seemed to be thinking. "I mean it does. But how will she react?" He asked in a worried tone.

"Well, I'm sure she'll understand, now that I think about it. I mean, not so long ago her dead child came back to life so..." I shrugged a bit. "Right, then this evening, ok?" I nodded. "But now we should get to school right?"
"Oh, you're right."

(Your P.O.V.)

"So how would your usual procedure go now?" Frisk asked she closed the door behind us. "What do you mean?" I turned around to her. "I mean when you didn't know us, did you always flew to school, or what?" Oh, I see. "Yeah."

"Then are we going that way or do we walk?" Chara asked but I shrugged. "That depends on you two." They looked at each other. "We'll f-fly. But a bit more careful this time, ok?" Frisk said a bit nervous while they both stretched out an arm. "Of course." I grabbed an arm of both of them. "Ready?" They nodded.

And I flew with them to my typical safe corner but I made sure to be a bit slower. When we landed I let go of them. "Whoa." Frisk stumbled a bit. "Are you alright?" I asked concerned. "Yeah, still feels weird but better than last time." Chara took a deep breath. "Then let's go."

"By the way, why did you sleep this long today?" Chara asked me while made our way to the schoolyard. "It is true that I don't need much sleep but honestly, I think sleep has something relaxing in my opinion. Besides you were the one who told me to sleep more, remember?" I teased her.

"Yeah, yeah." She sounded annoyed, then Frisk came into the conversation. "By the way, I put the lamp from Alphys into your room Chara."
"Oh, thanks. Heh, it's still funny with your... wi- you know what I mean." She stopped herself from saying wings since we just walked past a group of students. "What's funny?" I asked her.