(Chapter 20) Fearing what you love

(Chara's P.O.V.) A couple of days later

"*sigh*" Why do we have to clean this up? We were in the chemistry room of the school, cleaning up after the lesson. But only me and (Y/N), everyone else was allowed to leave, even the teacher just pissed off! Frisk probably left, so me and (Y/N) were alone, so I can't really blame her.

I was washing the last few test tubes, dried them, and put them back into the cabinets. And with that I was finished, I looked over to (Y/N) and he seemed to be done too just now. "Finally, let's go." And we both went to grab our bags and made our way to the door.

But right as we stood in front of it we heard a slight *click*. "Huh? What the-?" I tried to open the door. "It's locked?" I said out loud, I heard laughter on the other side of the door. "Hey! Who locked the door?!" I angrily knocked against the door. Even more laughing.

"Open the fucking door!" I yelled but whoever was behind that door, they just laughed even more. "I told you that prank is funny, just yoink the keys from a teacher and lock the door. Hehehehe."

I felt how a lot of anger rose up inside of me, I took a step back... "Chara, I don't think that's a-"
And tried to kick the door open. "OUCH! FUCK!" I cried out loud while jumping on my not hurting foot, I almost fell over but (Y/N) grabbed my arm. "Are you alright?"
Even more, laugher could be heard.

"Forget that, I'll get us out of here the other wa-" (Y/N) started but then stopped as he heard what one of the persons outside said. "Hehehe, that's a Fire door. I hope that red-eyed bitch broke her foot."
(A/N) And that's the moments Jackson knew, he f*cked up.

Before I could even blink, (Y/N)'s hand was already removed from my arm and I fell onto the ground, while he stormed towards the door. Then with a loud crash, the door swung open and crashed against the wall when he pushed it open with no problem.

"Whoa! What the-?!" Before anyone could react, (Y/N) already grabbed the school-clown that was the closest to him at their throat and lifted them up with one arm smashing them against the locker. "WHAT DID YOU CALL HER?!" He shouted in such an angry and intimating voice that I really felt how fear stroke through my heart.

The person he was choking was rattling for air, but he wasn't letting go of them. No, not another death because of me!

I rushed over to him and tried to pull his arm down but he didn't move an inch. "(Y/N)! Stop!" I yelled into his ear which seemed to have snapped him out of his rage. Let's go of the person and they fall onto the ground.  While (Y/N) stood there taking quick and sharp breaths they all fleed instantly.

"Are you alright?" I asked him carefully. "Yeah, I... Just need a breather." And we started walking through the hallway making our way to the schoolyard. Once outside, I noticed how the sky was covered in dark clouds and like the apocalypse is about to start. But when I looked outside the window at the end of the lesson the sky was all clear.

Wait. Is it? I looked to (Y/N). Is it because of him? I mean, I am pretty sure it's within his power to control the weather. And he just snapped really badly... Oh dear...

We sat down on one of the benches next to each other. "Are you alright again?" I asked tenderly. "Yeah, just mad that's all." I tried to think of something to calm him down. "He enjoys every second you're together..." That's what Frisk told me.

Leaned to the side and slightly hugged him, and as expected he quickly hugged back. "Does that help?" I asked my head on the shoulder. "Yeah, it does." I looked up into the sky and the clouds aren't as dark and dense anymore. We let go of each other. And we saw Frisk approaching.

"Hey, you two!" She sat down to us. "Pfff just saw some of the school-clowns running away like the Devil himself is after the-" She stopped midsentence when I bit my bottom lip and frowned. "Wait, what did you two do?" She asked us concerned.

"They locked us in the chemistry room, one of them called me... something not so nice and (Y/N) kicked their arse and scared them away." Frisk's jaw dropped slightly. "Oh... I see."

"Let's talk about something else please." (Y/N) said before neither I nor Frisk could say something. "Yeah right! The last two lessons are canceled." Frisk grinned a bit. "So we can go home." Ok, yeah. Those are good news.

"That's great! Then let's get our arses home!"
(A/N) Did you know that the longest strand of pasta ever measured was 3,776 m long?

~Later in the night~

Uhhhh, I kept rolling around in my bed, all kinds of weird dreams running through my mind, one weirder than the other. Until one stayed almost clearly in my mind.

(Y/N) kneeling over a faceless body of a human. A dead human. "There there. Now you are safe." He said to me in an almost gentle tone. "Why did you kill them?" Those words escaped my mouth.

"They are nothing, I am so much powerful than them, nobody will hurt you. Because if they do..." His wings shot out of his back and his eyes glow in their red color. "They die."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)!" I jumped up in my bed screaming. "Wha- Huh?" I rambled confused before realizing it was just a nightmare. (Y/N)... He really would kill for me... And now was the time I really realized how scared I actually am. Scared of his power. He... is so strong, but what if he uses this power wrong because of me? Can we even be together like this?

All of these thoughts and questions were running through my mind. But none of them would be answered. I felt a heavy wind passing by and heard wing-flapping...

"Chara?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) I am very sorry that this chapter is so short, despite having holidays- I'm a little under stress. So I am sorry that this one is a bit shorter.

Artwork by: No clue at all