Part One

"I cannot let you inside the castle until I know who you are and what your business is."

I sigh once more at the guard in front of me who is the one person standing in between me and what's left of my family.

"This is ridiculous, I am Althea, daughter of Odin and this is my home." Before he can say anything more I freeze him as he stands, walk past him and wait until I'm too far for him to catch up before I unfreeze him.

It doesn't take long before I spot his jet black hair down the hall. He looks older than when I left but I would notice my brother anywhere.

"Loki?" My voice comes out as more of a whisper than I intended but he hears me and turns around. I can feel the tears in my eyes and my heart skips a beat just looking at him.
But the face that stares back at me is confused and defensive.

"I'm sorry, who are you and how did you get in here?"

"Loki, don't be ridiculous, I know it's been years but it's me Althea." His confused frown only deepens.
"Your sister."

"I don't have a sister."

His words feel like a hot knife in my chest. What is he talking about?

"Of course you do. I left many years ago but that doesn't change the fact that you are my brother and I am your sister. Where's Thor?"

Loki appears next to me in an instant, his other form disappearing from in front of me.
With him this close I can feel his confusion, his disbelief. His emotions come sweeping into my mind and it opens me up to his thoughts where I confirm he truly doesn't remember me. He doesn't share the memories I do of us before I left.
I'm about to dive deeper when he blocks me from his mind.

"How are you in my mind?"

I'm about to answer when someone else comes up to us. Once again I recognise him in a heart beat. Thor.
But when he sees me I'm met with the same look of confusion.

Now that I have an idea of what is happening I delve into his memories, but am met with the same as I was with Loki. There is absolutely no trace of me in here at all.

"Why don't you remember me?"