Part Twenty Three

I got sick.

In my entire 127 years of life I have never been sick, but for some reason, now I am.

It's the worst feeling, I can't breathe, my throat is on fire, my head is pounding, and I'm both freezing cold and boiling hot at the same time.

"I'm dying"

"You're not dying Althea, you're just sick. That's what happens when you play outside in the snow with barley and clothes on." Bucky looks at me with his 'I told you so' face and I hide my face under the blankets.

"I'm a Goddess who has the ability to heal any injury I've ever had, I should be able to fix this but for some unknown reason the human sickness won't go away"

"Maybe if you listen and actually rest, then you'll get better the old fashioned way."

I peek my head out of the blankets and frown at Bucky who is still smirking at me.

He wraps his arm around me and pulls me to his chest, letting me cuddle up against his warm body.

"You don't have to stay with me, you know. I'm super gross right now."

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I left my girlfriend alone while she was sick?"

I feel another sneeze coming on so I sit up and grab a tissue to sneeze into, then using my abilities I dispose of the tissue, making it vanish into thin air.

"But I don't want you to get sick."

Before either of us can say anything else there's a knock on the door and then Wanda opens the door, carrying a mug of something steamy.

"How's the patient?"

"Just planning my funeral because I'm dying."

She laughs and hands me the bowl which is full of tea, and I take a sip, thankful for the warmth of it as it soothes my throat.

"Maybe next time you'll listen to us when we tell you to put more clothes on in the snow." She smirks at me and I direct my frown towards her.

"Yeah well, lesson learned, next time I'll wear a hundred layers." I take another sip of my tea and lean back against Bucky.

"Why don't we watch a movie or something? We can have a nice relaxed day to help you recover." Wanda asks, and I nod.

"Can we watch that Christmas movie? The one where he turns into Santa Claus?"

"How did I know that was going to be your choice?" Bucky laughs, before picking me up and carrying me downstairs, still wrapped in the blanket.

We sit down on the couch in the living area and Wanda sets up the movie as I finish my tea and then curl into Bucky.

Sam and Steve join us, bringing some snacks for everyone.

"Ah so we're watching the children's movie then?" Steve laughs and takes a seat, holding a bowl of popcorn.

"It's a classic christmas movie that's going to help me learn about the holiday so that I can celebrate it properly. If I make it that long."

"You're not dying Althea." Sam rolls his eyes at me with a light laugh, taking a handful of popcorn from Steve.

"You don't know that, I could be."

"You're not."

Wanda interrupts us both, sitting in between Sam and I, "shh, it's starting."

As the movie begins I take Bucky's hand in mine and entwine our fingers, in response he places a light kiss on my forehead which makes butterflies take off in my stomach. I don't think I'll ever get used to this man and everything he does.

I avidly watch the first half of the movie, where the lead character causes Santa Claus to fall off of the roof and die - quite grim for a children's movie - and then puts on the Santa Suit which makes him turn into Santa Claus.

Half way through the movie my eyes begin to feel heavy, and as the son in the movie shows his father - Santa Claus - the magical snow globe, and Bucky tightens his hold on me, I let myself fall into a deep and peaceful sleep.