Part Nine

I end up being paired with Thor for the fight which turned out to be bigger than we were expecting, but still not so much we couldn't handle it.

It wasn't a major Hydra base but it seemed to be home to testing units for new weaponry.  And they put those weapons to good use, I had a couple of near misses but thankfully Thor and I worked well as a team - not quite as well as I do with Bucky I noticed, and then pushed that thought to the back of my mind.

When we get back to the compound I notice Bucky heads in a different direction than the rest of us, heading over towards the lake rather than into the building with everyone else.  I consider following him, but I can tell from his thoughts that he needs to be alone for now.

I take myself off to my room and have a shower, needing to clear myself from the grime of the fight as well as training.

In the shower I take some time to think about the last few weeks, how it's been just over a month since I was reunited with my brothers, and our bond is stronger than I ever could have dreamed it would be. And then that troubled, sweet hearted man, that somehow has become a key member of my life, who's smile I can't seem to shake from my mind, and whose laugh rings in my ears.

I don't know what's happening to me, or what this feeling is, but there's a part of me that is scared of it, and a part of me that never wants it to go away.